free website stats program Where can I find the insulation tubing for the wiring harness? | Harley Davidson Forums

Where can I find the insulation tubing for the wiring harness?

There is black insulation tubing covering the wiring harness underneath the tank on both sides. This is not heat shrink tubing. I had to cut mine away to search for an electrical issue. I would like to put a new one back but I cant seem to find any place online that sells that insulation tubing. Could anyone tell me where I might be able to find some?

Are you talking about the corrugated plastic tubing that is split? If so, you should be able to pick it up at the auto parts store, Radio Shack, or someplace like that. Hope that helps.

Bodeen

Or are you talking about the expandable polyester webbed sleeving that gets tighter/smaller if you pull on it (Chinese finger handcuff). That item is harder to find by the foot but can be obtained on 25' rolls from mail order companies such as Mouser Electronics. It's made by both Alpha Wire & Panduit if you want to search around.

It's called convoluted tubing and is available at Home Depot amongst other places. It comes in dufferent sizes and it's not expensive at all.

39045.jpg

When I redid the wiring on my 94FLSTC the guys at the Harley shop gave me enough to redo all that I had cut off.

Back