free website stats program Where are the cats in my 13 Heritage? | Harley Davidson Forums

Where are the cats in my 13 Heritage?

Rafaelw

Not sure if they are in the muffler or Headers?
WAP.gif

I believe only the touring bikes are in the head pipes, your owners manual should tell you

hillbilly81 10:43 PM Today
Play The Throttle
Are you gonna rip that stock header off and go with a full system?

Well I had Rush mufflers installed when we bought the bike and was hoping just to do a stage one SE air cleaner and a tuner , without having to get a full system or new header pipes, I see that some people remove the cats themselves from stock headers.
WAP.gif

Buying a set of Take-offs from like an 09 touring (king) would do a lot better. That is one reason I bought my 09 King over the 2010 model sitting right next to it... NO CATS... I bought the last 09 King on the floor as many 10's just came out waiting their turn to sell.

Check out For sale here and maybe a few other forums and look OR make out a post for a set of 09's... Under WTB... Bet you can find a set for 100$ or less and probably shipped.

signed....BUBBIE

So i looked in the stock mufflers that were taken off when the slip-ons were installed and see the the CATS are in the mufflers not in headers. So i am thinking i can do the stage one with the stock headers and slip-ons that i have??

Buying a set of Take-offs from like an 09 touring (king) would do a lot better. That is one reason I bought my 09 King over the 2010 model sitting right next to it... NO CATS... I bought the last 09 King on the floor as many 10's just came out waiting their turn to sell.

Check out For sale here and maybe a few other forums and look OR make out a post for a set of 09's... Under WTB... Bet you can find a set for 100$ or less and probably shipped.

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie, so now that i know that the CATS were in the mufflers, what would be the advantage of replacing the stock headers with Take-offs like you are referring to.

Bubbie, so now that i know that the CATS were in the mufflers, what would be the advantage of replacing the stock headers with Take-offs like you are referring to.

NONE now... I wasn't sure where your cats were on your Newer bike...

Remembering cutting the muffler apart to remove cat...

I like Replacing like you said...

signed....BUBBIE

Gotta remember the 02 sensors also... the 2 wire and the Heated kind.

Not just switch to use anything that fits.:newsmile07:

signed....BUBBIE

Back