free website stats program Wheel questions | Harley Davidson Forums

Wheel questions

R_W_B

I've looked around at some non-laced wheels for Dynas. Some say you can buy a kit to mount them on a 2007 Street Bob, others say not for the 07 FXDB. The prices are all over the place. Right now there is no way I can pay most of the prices I see for wheels.

I really am not that picky just want to get away from polishing wire spokes. What is the best option for buying tubeless rims ?

Is cast or Forged any better than the other ?

Is there a place that sells this type rim for my bob in the $600 a wheel or less range ?

If you do not have the HD Parts Manual for your bike model and year, run over to the HD Dealership and see if there was an option for cast wheels available for your bike.

• If so, get the part numbers for the front and rear, and a price for them.
  • If not, will the cast wheels from the 2007 FXD DYNA SUPER GLIDE® (GM) or the 2007 FXDL DYNA LOW RIDER® (GN) fit your bike?
Either way, surf the net with the part numbers to see if you can find them on Craig's List, eBay, etc. But also price them on Zanotti's. May be in your budget.

TQ

If you do not have the HD Parts Manual for your bike model and year, run over to the HD Dealership and see if there was an option for cast wheels available for your bike. ... ..... TQ

Thanks, I have looked on Ebay found quite a few but nothing real definitive on whether they would fit my model bike, just says Dynas. I think I will try contacting the seller.

At your suggestion though I went online to HD parts site and found these and then got prices at Zanottis that aren't bad at all.
Zanottis price on 2-10-2011

SKU: HD-43538-09
Price: $602.58
WHEEL S6S 19X2.5W FRONT
---
SKU: HD-43972-08
Price: $602.58
WHEEL MIRROR SLOTTED 6

This is the best scenario I have found yet as far as definitive HD fit, price etc.

I've looked around at some non-laced wheels for Dynas. Some say you can buy a kit to mount them on a 2007 Street Bob, others say not for the 07 FXDB. The prices are all over the place. Right now there is no way I can pay most of the prices I see for wheels.

I really am not that picky just want to get away from polishing wire spokes. What is the best option for buying tubeless rims ?

Is cast or Forged any better than the other ?

Is there a place that sells this type rim for my bob in the $600 a wheel or less range ?

Check with the HD dealer for fit,style and part#, them go to a swap meet like Daytona bike week swap meet to save your self some $$$ and don't be afraid to beat them down on the price at a swap meet.

Check with the HD dealer for fit,style and part#, them go to a swap meet like Daytona bike week swap meet to save your self some $$$ and don't be afraid to beat them down on the price at a swap meet.

That is an excellent idea and sounds like it would be fun too.

I have HD black typhoons on my 06 Bob, no kit needed. 07 should be the same. There are plenty of decently priced wheels for your bike, particularly through HD and through a place like Zanottis (where I got mine). Total for both my wheels was just under a 1000, cause I needed a new front rotor, rear used all the same parts, just new bearings.

I have HD black typhoons on my 06 Bob, no kit needed. 07 should be the same. There are plenty of decently priced wheels for your bike, particularly through HD and through a place like Zanottis (where I got mine). Total for both my wheels was just under a 1000, cause I needed a new front rotor, rear used all the same parts, just new bearings.

Thanks for the info. A poster on another forum said forged was better than cast but for street driving cast was fine, so cast is going to be my decision.

I like the black on the engine and pipes but I want to stay chrome or polished on the wheels. I will check the price on chrome typhoons at zanottis.

So I guess now my only problem is money, isn't that always it.

RWB - the advantages of cast or forged wheels with tubeless tires are they are low maintenance, stronger, and much safer along with self healing nature of the inner liner of tubeless tires minimizing danger of explosive loss of tire pressure.

This was brought about by the inherent problems with spoked wheels which are, spokes loosen and break which affects rim trueness, water intrusion which can cause hidden rust or corrosion, rim tape prevent spoke endsfrom puncturing fragile inner tube which can deflate explosively if cut. BUT have the advantage of "classic" look.

That's strange, I see a notification in my email, but when I click on it and it brings me to this forum, I don't see the post ? Must be because he is a new member or something. Anyhow Fatbbobmg, I did send you a private msg.
---
Fatbobmg, was asking me if I was interested in some FatBob cast wheels
----
Fat Bob wheels are more solid and slotted, anyhow I was interested in a fatboy rear wheel awhile back since I like the profile of the fatboy tire better, but I found I would have to change out the axle, spaces and some other items. There were too many variables involved that made me reluctant. And I would rather have cast spokes (say 6 to 9 or so) than slotted in the front.
I am just shopping right now, a bit short of cash. Thanks for the offer though, $300 is a good price and I will keep it in mind. They will probably be gone by the time I am ready to buy.

Back