free website stats program wheel bearing puller? | Harley Davidson Forums

wheel bearing puller?

Fearless1

I just purchased a used rear rim for my bike (going tubeless) but I can't get the old bearings out to replace them. My old spoke rim i could drive them out from the back side but this new cast rim is different and I can't do that any help here would be highly appreciated I'm stumped, any way of cheating so I don't have to spend alot of cash on a puller?

Ok got time now so what i did was I used a screwdriver to remove the outter seal so I could see the ball bearing inside the races, then took needle nose plyers to bust out the carbon fiber spacers between the balls. Then with the needle nose plyers I slid all the balls to one side and punched the center race in the opposite direction until it peeled out of the seals on the inside and removed the center race. Then i could remove the center sleve from the center of the hub and used a 3/4 rod to punch out the other bearing. Then I stacked six of the seven ball bearings back in the outter race and reinserted the center race I had removed using the needle nose plyers I positioned the ball bearings back around the races at equal distances which secured the inner race and drove out that bearing. what made the job so difficult in the first place was whoever installed the bearings used red loctite on the bearings when they installed them, only god knows why!

Back