free website stats program wheel balancing using Dynabeads | Harley Davidson Forums

wheel balancing using Dynabeads

I have used them and had no problems. Makes sense to because often the stick on weight will fall off or it ruins the look of your custom wheel. Most of the others will disagree and recommend a conventional wheel balance. Price wise is about the same.
Ken

To my surprise I had and Indy put them in my rear tire once when they mounted a tire for me instead of doing a computer spin balance. Seems to work as I have not noticed any problems and I am about to replace that tire again and am planning on using them again.

If it works as good as the video, I have no doubt this will change the way we do tires in the future

I have also noticed that when I do balance a tire you won't notice 1 oz out of balance. Also I find that most tires are out less then an ounce.
Ken

thanks guys i wasn't expecting such a positive response. but sounds like nothing but positive.

i appreciate all the input. think i will give them a try:D

Not being formally educated, I don't know the laws (?) that are in effect with Dyna beads. I think it's the same law (?) that my washing machine uses when it goes into spin cycle, so it must work. :bigsmiley21:
I'm gonna try them with my next new tire.

I have used them and had no problems. Makes sense to because often the stick on weight will fall off or it ruins the look of your custom wheel. Most of the others will disagree and recommend a conventional wheel balance. Price wise is about the same.
Ken

I run them in all three of mine, 07 FLHTCI, 06 Dyna WG, and 06 V-Rod. Have put them in several customer bikes. Been using them for three years now, they do as advertised. I have not had one issue with them either on my bikes or customer bikes. You will get the added benefit of longer tire life using them. I highly recommend them. They are not to be used for speeds in excess of 130 mph but I've tested that on my V-Rod and had no handling problems.

Hey guys did you mount your own tires when using this or more specifically was any liquid based soap solutions used on the bead? I emailed the bead people quite a while back and asked them all about the beads. They said the only draw back was moisture in the tire causing the beads to stick together. They said not to use too much liquid lube installing the tire.

I've also heard that that waiting a few days after installing the tire would dry it out. But seems to me the tire is a sealed unit (unless you let the air out and then re-air it back up, that would work). But anyhow just would like your input on this since I have often thought of trying these.

R_W_B

If you are running tubes in the tire the moisture problem should not come into play as you pour the beads in thru the valve stem when using tubes.

Back