free website stats program What was he thinking??? | Harley Davidson Forums

What was he thinking???

ksboy

Account Removed
I went out for a little ride to relax and enjoy the beautiful weather we're getting here in Kansas. Things turned south when I came upon a work zone with a speed limit drop to 35. I was going 35'ish (hard to tell on my old speedo) when a rig came barreling down on me. He rode my rear for the duration of the zone, about 1/4 mile. The temporary cement wall ended, but we were still in the work zone when he decided to pass-still partly in my lane. I slowed down and let him pass. His right side tires didn't leave my lane. I was able to cool down a bit and enjoy the rest of my ride, but what was this guy thinking? I wish the law was there.

They give JERKS licenses regardless of what they drive. Back off and stay away. Remember your on a bike. This JERK has a complex and while in a truck VS a bike, it does it for him. Likely the only way he gets his satisfaction.

The threat of double fines you see at road constrution sites dont seem to be slowing anyone down either. On bikes we tend to slow to the speed limit to avoid potential hazards there and keep the rocks from tearing up our chrome and paint. Good thing you didn't have to pull over into some loose gravel.

Had I known he was going to pass me like he did, I would have goosed the throttle and gained some distance and kept him behind me. Surely the old shovel would have accelerated faster than a semi... right? :) I left out the part where he pulled back in about a car length in front of me. I'm not going to exaggerate and say he about clipped my front fender, but it was still closer than I like it to be. It was senseless and dangerous.
I don't wear a helmet, but I am seriously thinking about starting.
This question has probably been asked a thousand times on the forum, but how many of you guys voluntarily wear a helmet or would even if your state didn't mandate it?

I'm from Kansas also.... it was a beautiful day for a ride. A cool north wind. I didn't make it out on my bike, but I'm sorry yours wasn't as nice as you had planned. Don't get many days in Kansas like we had today.

In fact, I think he had an illinois plate:D Just messing.
Dawg, you are right about days like that in Kansas, especially in July. I would have went for another ride, but they dumped gravel on our road and graded it and it's white knuckle riding to the hard top.
I told the old lady yesterday we should have went camping. Instead, we took the in-laws out for a bite at The Nut Hut.
It's supposed to be beautiful again today. I might have to suck it up and surf the gravel again. Hope you can take advantage of it.

Back