free website stats program What to use to clean powder coat! | Harley Davidson Forums

What to use to clean powder coat!

Mr_Blonde

What do you guys use to clean your powder coat? I have an 06 night train and somehow got some white (EDIT) on the powder coat..soap or some polish maybe, and it will not come out. it disappears when its wet and looks clean then re appears when it dries! what do you guys recommend to clean the wrinkle coat? thanks

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you guys use to clean your powder coat? I have an 06 night train and somehow got some white (EDIT) on the powder coat..soap or some polish maybe, and it will not come out. it disappears when its wet and looks clean then re appears when it dries! what do you guys recommend to clean the wrinkle coat? thanks

Do you mean the Black Denim

Do you mean the black wrinkle paint on the motor/trans ?

Unfortunetly the only real way to clean powder coat is to remove the affected paint all the way to the bare metal and then prime the metal and paint with an epoxy type paint. I work with a co. that manufactors commercial refrigeration units and we powder coat all of the metal. Whenever we have small defects we sand the paint off and thenb prime and repaint with epoxy paint to match the color. If the blemish is very large we then bake the paint off and then send the piece back through the total process which includes several washes and a final sealer to help prevent any chemical bleeding between paint and metal.

ill tell ya we powder coat at my work and white is not coming through.use that s100 and atooth brush.then keep it clean with wd-40. but just keep up with it

Back