free website stats program What to see in VA, eastern PA, NH and southern Maine | Harley Davidson Forums

What to see in VA, eastern PA, NH and southern Maine

Jim B.

I'm traveling next week to Williamsburg, Virginia and Ashland, New Hampshire. Unfortunately, not on my bike. I can stop by the York, PA to see where my 09 road glide was made on the way from Williamsburg to Ashland. In Ashland, I'm only 30 minutes from Laconia, NH.

So, what other motorcycle sites or even general sites should I see? Thanks.

Jim,Virginia is a beautiful state.There are mountains and canyons and all the historic small towns.Use google maps and map your general route,clisk on the box that shows points of interest,then decide what you want to see:D

Go on line and check with the dealers in the area where you are headed, depending on the dealer "around" 125.00$ per day with helmets, rain gear, insurance etc. It seems to vary more because of the insurace and local taxes. Did 2 days in the Texas Hill country a couple of weeks ago, a great ride.

Think about renting a bike for a day or two, it works for me when I travel.

Whats it run to rent one ? It sounds like the thing to do when I get to Alaska.

Go on line and check with the dealers in the area where you are headed, depending on the dealer "around" 125.00$ per day with helmets, rain gear, insurance etc. It seems to vary more because of the insurace and local taxes. Did 2 days in the Texas Hill country a couple of weeks ago, a great ride.

I've paid anywhere from $75 (Sacramento the last day they rented any bikes!) to $180ish (San Francisco from an independent, non-HD place.) It tends to be less expensive if you want to do multiple days and that way you don't have to have it back by 4 or 5 o'clock.

Laconia HD is having Bike Rental specials this month "Only pay what the day's high forecasted temp is"; center top of the web page; #4 on the scroll thing. The Kancamagus Highway is always a great ride.

Back