free website stats program What to do | Harley Davidson Forums

What to do

Duane53

I had to have unexpected shoulder surgery about a month ago and wasn't able to get my fluids changed. It will be at least another month before I can use my arm. My bike is in my basement where it is nice and warm. Any suggestions on what I should do?
Thanks
Duane :(

I got caught off guard myself once. Difference is, I just wasn't thinking. I don't think one time is that big a deal. It's repeating that as a practice when it becomes an issue. But if you are really worried, you could just go ahead and pull the plug and let it drain for the duration. Maybe after a week put the plug back in though. But in my case I just waited and changed it after I recovered and was riding again.

Agreed. It's staying nice and warm. I think the worst thing that might happen is the battery dies. put a tender on it and it will be fine, but even if it dies, a battery isnt a major repair. You could undo the connections at the terminals just to be safe.

Sit back relax and get your shoulder fully mended. For I think being able to handle bike once Doctor releases you to ride, is more important than changing the oil....:s

If she'd tucked away in a nice warm, moisture free place, no problem. Like others say, plug in the battery tender to keep your battery good. Even that doesn't need to be on every day. Once a week would suffice.

Hope you heal up to be good as new and back in the wind again.

Thanks, I do have the battery tender plugged in. I'm hopping to be ready for Daytona this spring. :)

I agree with other posts-dont worry and get better.
But if its keeping you up at night, get tools and fluids together, buy some beer and call some buddies to help out and git'er done.:bigsmiley4: :Banane35:

I agree with other posts-dont worry and get better.
But if its keeping you up at night, get tools and fluids together, buy some beer and call some buddies to help out and git'er done.:bigsmiley4: :Banane35:

There's an idea too, get a buddy to do it for ya... smart! lol

I'd put gas stabilizer in the gas maybe get some fogging oil for the carb/motor and if you can start it once in a while would be good too. My main concerns would be bad gas and the battery.

Back