free website stats program What Size Torx Needed? | Harley Davidson Forums

What Size Torx Needed?

It's probably is the same bolt for most all the softtails from 2000-2005, if anyone knows. I have a 2000 Fatboy and just used a 2004 year schematic for reference, if that helps out anyone that can check their ride for me.

Not familiar with your particular part but I know the size 27 is a popular size on the touring bikes and some sets dont include it. I have a Craftsman set that does. Hope this helps.

Bodeen

Yeah...I have mostly Craftsman tools. It seems the T40 is too small and the T45 is too big. I didn't see any sizes between there, unless there are metric torx's now? May need to make a Sears stop tomorrow....

As far as I know no one has introduced a new torx size between T40 and T45.

Any chance someone has replaced that bolt with an allen head bolt? If not and the torx bolt is somewhat worn, I have used allen sockets to remove worn torx bolts etc. with some luck and it may be worth a try if you can find an allen socket to fit tightly.

Yeah, I've been trying that too, without much luck. Vise grips haven't worked either. Not enough room to get a good bite that'll hold. I'll get it though. I didn't think there was anything between T40-45. Thanks.

Sometimes it just pays to walk away and take a break. After the last post I made I went down to the garage and got a T45 and hammered it into the bolt head and finally got the thing out. Thanks for everyones input. It helped!:)

I had to hit mine with a chisel and hammer to break it lose and then use the sloppy T40 to remove it.

Back