free website stats program what size chaps do i need? help | Harley Davidson Forums

what size chaps do i need? help

ron1978

i'm looking to buy some leather chaps but hav't found a size that fits,
i'm 6'2" 250LBS.
I'VE tried a xxxl pair on with no lck in thigh area little tight still,
i wear a 40x 34 pants, anyone out there my size? what size did you go with?

I'm not as tall as you, but I guess I have bigger thighs than most cause I could never find a pair of chaps that would fit me there. I finally bought a pair that was close everywhere else and then took them to a leather shop and had them sew in a 2" strecher piece at the zipper. Works like a charm

You may have to do like I did and find a pair that fit in the wast and are real loose in the thigh/legs, then have them custom cut at a leather shop to fit you the way you want them too.

I bought my chaps at a local MC Flea Market/Swap Meet. Don't even know what size they are. The guy manning the booth fitted me and they fit great. We were at this fall's version of the Meet a couple weeks ago to get my wife fitted. Was surprised to learn that they sized them by thigh size. I was really surprised when they sized her with a small because of her "chicken legs" but gave her an insert to enlarge the waist. Had no idea they were sized by leg size and not the waist.

I bought my chaps at a local MC Flea Market/Swap Meet. Don't even know what size they are. The guy manning the booth fitted me and they fit great. We were at this fall's version of the Meet a couple weeks ago to get my wife fitted. Was surprised to learn that they sized them by thigh size. I was really surprised when they sized her with a small because of her "chicken legs" but gave her an insert to enlarge the waist. Had no idea they were sized by leg size and not the waist.

Had the same experience when I bought chaps at a tent in Sturgis this year. First thing the vendor checked was how they fit in the thighs. Waist and length were secondary considerations and easier to adjust.

I just recently bought a pair from Leatherup.com They have two different sets of chaps that have thigh zippers. One of the sets has the zippers AND an elastic insert in the thighs. I wear 42/32 pants and have big thighs and ordered the 42 chaps. They fit great and you can cut them to fit your EXACT length. I have 4 more holes to umm...grow into as well. They're also a decent price ($79). I have been very pleased with them so far. Hope this helps.

i'm looking to buy some leather chaps but hav't found a size that fits,
i'm 6'2" 250LBS.
I'VE tried a xxxl pair on with no lck in thigh area little tight still,
i wear a 40x 34 pants, anyone out there my size? what size did you go with?

Check out Leatherup.com, I bought all my leather there and am very pleased. I am 6'2" at 260 wear a 40x32 in Wrangler jeans. I ordered the 42's and they were perfect.

Back