free website stats program What Products Do Not Contain Friction Modifiers? | Harley Davidson Forums

What Products Do Not Contain Friction Modifiers?

colo1032

Okay. I have read through many posts about oil selections etc. Decided to use Mobil 1 V twin in motor and Mobil 1 75-90 in transmission. However, I am not sure what to use in the primary.

Glider, in a post someplace you said “In the primary pretty much any 10/30 - 10/40 without friction modifiers in it will do the job.” I understand why it should be without friction modifiers – though if you use for instance Mobil 1 V twin doesn’t that use the modifiers?

Can you give me some examples of brands that do not have friction modifiers, cause I don’t think it says so on the bottles, or does it? Thanks for any information you can give me.

Okay. I have read through many posts about oil selections etc. Decided to use Mobil 1 V twin in motor and Mobil 1 75-90 in transmission. However, I am not sure what to use in the primary.

Glider, in a post someplace you said “In the primary pretty much any 10/30 - 10/40 without friction modifiers in it will do the job.” I understand why it should be without friction modifiers – though if you use for instance Mobil 1 V twin doesn’t that use the modifiers?

Can you give me some examples of brands that do not have friction modifiers, cause I don’t think it says so on the bottles, or does it? Thanks for any information you can give me.

Formula+ from the dealer, easiest way to go here in the primary. Usually it will list the modifiers on the bottle but not all do.

HD SYN3 and Amsoil 20W-50 V-Twin are advertised as having no friction modifiers.

Quite possible but not the best choice IMO.

Back