free website stats program What oil pressure should be? | Harley Davidson Forums

What oil pressure should be?

Piotra

After few starts of engine in my bike I have following oil pressure. I have to say that The gauge is V-twin so I do not trust it at all.
The gauge is in LBS.

With initial start-up (with choke) is about 15 LBS.
When the engine is warm at idle about 10 LBS
When I set very slow idle (I know that it it bad but the engine noise is great, so only a while) between 5 and 10.

What minimum pressure should be at idle at warm engine???

After few starts of engine in my bike I have following oil pressure. I have to say that The gauge is V-twin so I do not trust it at all.
The gauge is in LBS.

With initial start-up (with choke) is about 15 LBS.
When the engine is warm at idle about 10 LBS
When I set very slow idle (I know that it it bad but the engine noise is great, so only a while) between 5 and 10.

What minimum pressure should be at idle at warm engine???

I think you are running the Rev-Tech 100 ci EVO engine, right?

The oil pressure spec on the HD EVO is 12-35 psi at 2000 rpm and normal operating temperature!!! Heck of a range. So if that is true for the Rev-Tech, you should be OK.

Strongly recommend AGAINST lowering the idle. Starving the engine of oil is the kiss of death for it. The idle spec is probably the same for your Rev-Tech as the HD = 1,000-1,050 rpm.

TQ

Yeah, I know that lowering the idle is to recommended but I had to listen the engine just for a while :)

And ... maybe it's stupid question...

LBS = psi ???

Yes, in this country it is common to use American "slang" or short hand rather than spelling it out: "Pounds per Square Inch" = PSI

USA and Japan are the few countries left that use the old British standards of the 16th & 17th century...pretty radical us Americans...?

Back