free website stats program What kind of weather for Sturgis? | Harley Davidson Forums

What kind of weather for Sturgis?

Jim B.

Can someone give me an idea of what the weather is usually like in Sturgis at the time of the rally? I'm going for the first time this year. I know that it will be hot as I ride through from the central coast of California through Arizona, Nevada, etc., but have no idea what the weather usually is in Sturgis. Thanks.

Hot and dry...with your occasional quickie tstorm. Make sure you do tombstone and I think route 14 ...nice rides...also spearfish.

gonna be hot hot hot.

nights in desert areas can get quite cold though,
so bring a good jacket as well.

Spent my youth growing up in the mid-west. If you do not like the weather, wait 5 minutes and it will change. :)

Seriously, it is usually hot, but I have seen snow on the 4th of July and frost in August, and everything in between. Plan on hot, but make sure you have some warm clothing available. Do not even think about leaving the rain gear behind.

Last year the weather was great, may not be that way this year.

Back in 2004 we were camping at a place outside of Deadwood called Fish-N-Fry and it got down to 27 degrees on a couple of nights. Sure wish I had paid for a hotel room.

I alway take both warm and wet gear now.

Back