free website stats program What if Harley Davidson designed....... | Harley Davidson Forums

What if Harley Davidson designed.......

Hi,

Firstly let me briefly introduce myself. I am currently a design student in the UK, and one of the projects I'm working on at the moment is centred around Harley Davidson. It's all about brand identity and what if Harley Davidson designed something else other than motorcycles, so televisions, furniture, AV equipment, sportswear etc. Admittedly I only know a handful of facts about HD, any help you could provide me with will further my understanding about HD as a globally recognised brand.

I would greatly appreciate if you guys could help me out by giving me your opinions on Harley Davidson as a brand, and possibly compare the Harley Davidson brand/ motorcycles to other motorcycle companies in the World?

Also if you could spare some time to list the first 3 things that you recognise or experience Harley Davidson as a brand (if you could please list in order of the first thing comes to mind). So for example maybe it is the seating position, performance of the bike(s), grip on the handlebars, sound!, speed, smell?

Many thanks in advance and I look forward to reading your responses.

James

Welcome to The Forum and your first post. To me it is the vibration of the motor. Harley has Thousands of copyright protected products including playing cards to pool sticks. Back in the world war days they produced ammunition for the war machine, they had there own line of snowmobiles @ one time also, as far as other products they need to focus on Motorcycles IMO:s

It's Americana! A family tradition for me, not to mention the commraderie. Back in the 70s' when AMF bought Harley Davidson, They built many things and put the H.D. logo on them. Golf carts just happens to be one of them. I'm actually surprised they did'nt put the logo on bowling pins! I personally love everything about Harley Davidson, The sound of the V-Twin, comfortability, low end torque. It's freedom! For some it's a status symbol, but for the people like myself, it's a way of life. My Harley is part of who I am. I hope that helps answer some of your questions.:hii

The first three things that come to mind when I think HD:

1. Torque
2. Quality
3. The feel you get riding a HD!

The third one is probably unique to each rider but for me it is knowing that when riding my Harley it is a classy machine! When I drive by many people you can see them look over at the bike and you can almost see the envy......I'm a luck man to have one!

SOUND
ITS A HARLEY DAVIDSON.

I;'d like to see a full line of lifetime warranty hand tools, like craftsman has,(sears)
Aplliances, for shops , like fridge, drink machines.

ATV 4wheeler- that has the same rumble as harley has -i'd buy one asap!!!!!!
they would sell millions of them if they sold them!!!!!!

and what if Harley Davidson designed something else other than motorcycles, so televisions, furniture, AV equipment, sportswear etc.

For me if Harley started making televisions and sportswear sold at the malls it would dilute or water down the name and would hurt them. Companies should not have to be something for everybody. I love my bike for sure, but in my opinion, I feel Harley already makes too many different models of bikes. For 2011 there are 34 different models. You can't sell the needed numbers of each and every model to offset the setup costs. It just can't be done. I feel it's a big part of the reason why we are seeing dealerships closing.

But whatever you do, don't quote me unless you want to get an F in your course!:)

Back