free website stats program what engine has most trouble? | Harley Davidson Forums

what engine has most trouble?

They each have their problems that are common to each engine. Tensioners, base gaskets, bearings, cranks, head gaskets, etc and the list goes on.

The twin cam engine was touted as having one million miles of testing before it was released :lolrolling

Guess they didn't see the weak areas.

I bought a 2000 Electra Glide Standard with 10k miles and it gave so much trouble I pulled the Twin Cam and bought a Evo and installed it, rode it for 35k and sold it to my brother and he is still riding it with 56k on that Evo engine. The only thing that has ever been done to it is S&S Cam, adjustable push rods, and Mikuni carb.

2001 RK with 109,000 K = 68,000 still running and only the cam changed over to a gear. Still stock. Running great!!!

itellya
"life is just a series of lost forgotten moments"
"Did you ever have a momentary lapse of reason?"

2001 RK with 109,000 K = 68,000 still running and only the cam changed over to a gear. Still stock. Running great!!!

itellya

That is awesome. What do you use for crankcase oil because it sounds like a winner.

Most likly the odd lemon is put out there but I would say the engine that is run hard and not looked after or serviced properly is going to give you the most probloms. just my opinion.

itellya

I've got an 02 wideglide and finally put pistons and cams in at 94,500miles. Now have 99k and doing just fine. If ya take care of em they should last a long time

Attachments

• DSCN0509.jpg
    DSCN0509.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 12
Back