free website stats program what do you think | Harley Davidson Forums

what do you think

tumma

I have an 03 classic with a big air sucker kit and power commander. I am thinking about removing the baffles or shorting them any thoughts

Why do you want to shorten the baffles? If it is for power you probably won't gain any. If it for a louder sounding bike you may want to reconsider, this is because it is a touring bike that is designed for the long rides, even though it is great for short trips too, but a bike that is too loud will be uncomfortable when taking a long road trip, plus it make it harder to hear the sound system.

Its your ride you decide. But the question I have, are you not riding a touring bike to tour on. Any louder than it already is is most likely going to shorten how long you ride now. Going from loud exhaust to stock I have immediately doubled the miles I ride now...:)

Baggers are heavy and need low end torque, one of the main reasons their exhaust is larger, by altering the baffles your torque range will suffer. If you want louder you can do this with more expensive exhaust, but in the end you decide your ride

I no we all want to save money but I would just change the mufflers...What if you alter your stock and they sound terrible? Then your stuck getting a new pr anyway..

I no we all want to save money but I would just change the mufflers...What if you alter your stock and they sound terrible? Then your stuck getting a new pr anyway..

:s Good point Mat as the OP was not clear here IMO I would not alter stock mufflers ever again, it is a waste of time and energy, the sound is Terrible JMO

Back