free website stats program What do you take on a road trip ? | Harley Davidson Forums

What do you take on a road trip ?

robermv32

Getting ready for my first two to four day road trip to nowhere special. Just want to go and enjoy the highway on my Softail Custom. I have hard lockable saddlebags and a pretty good size backpack. I'm sure I'll have clothes enough but was wondering what others have found by their experiences what they "should have packed".

rain gear

p.s. I will do a trip from Spain to Italy in about a week or so,
still dont have rain gear :D

I carry medium size Leatherworks tool kit, mult-pocket work apron w/ torx & allen hex key sets w/ extender handle, 6 in one screwdriver, sparkplug socket w/ reversible ratchet 3/8" drive. using size specific socket in both Metric/Inches. Channel lock pliers, long nosed pliers, wide range ctubeless tire Stop and Go plug w/ small Inflation air pump. LED flashlight (longer life), but brighter for 4 hours research.

I always pack a basic good quality tire pressure gauge and try to check my tire pressures before starting out each day when the tires are cold. It only takes a few minutes to do ......

Ride safe and enjoy the freedom.

My wife.... then i don't have to think of anything else because with her stuff we not gonna have room anyway!:D

Along with everyone else - phone,charger,cash,credit card,HOG or other insurance/towing service.

My additions - camera, ibuprofin (you're probably not used to long days in the saddle),prescription meds,sunscreen, hat, earplugs (again, long stretches on the road can have your head/ears buzzing)

Not only do ear plugs help with ringing ears, but prolonged exposure to loud noise causes to fatigue. We all know what fatigue can lead to.

Looks like everyone's got ya' covered on stuff to take....pretty much everything that's been mentioned I try to take. I always throw in at least one sweatshirt or long-sleeved thermal shirt for possible cooler weather, and/or evenings around a campfire. My full leathers and rainsuit go anytime I take a major trip too...cuz' ya just never know what Mama Nature is gonna' throw your way! LOL
Sunscreen,definetly...and a GOOD sunscreen lip balm....wind and sunburn to the lips not only hurts, but it's kinda' gross to look at too! :s LOL
If it's a lengthy trip, I always have the bike serviced and gone over....brakes, tires, fluids, lights, etc. checked/replaced/fixed as needed.
If this is your first roadtrip...be warned...it's addictive!! :D LOL You're gonna' LOVE IT, :D and ya' ain't gonna' want it to end!! ENJOY and will be lookin' forward to road tales and pics!
HRW

Back