free website stats program What Do You Guys Think Of My Bike? | Harley Davidson Forums

What Do You Guys Think Of My Bike?

What Should I Do Next??

• Buy New Grips

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Buy New Rims and Tires

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Buy Chrome Handlebar Controls and Housing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It Looks Great The Way It Is!!!

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

This is my first Bike Ever!! 2005 Sportster XL883C

Stage 1 Screaming Eagle Jets
Mustang Tripper Solo Seat
Chrome Upper and Bottom Belt Guard
Blue Neon Lights
And Lots of Chrome Parts

Attachments

• Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 216
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 237
  • Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 209
  • Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 318
You have a nice ride there ,do whatever you want next,your bike,your personality!:D

Sweet ride!! Welcome to the family. I am a huge fan of the Sportster models, so it looks like a sweet ride. Have fun with it and ride safe!!

I voted that the bike looks great just as it is, but my opinion for mods based on your poll list:

1.) Change the grips (since it was first on your list) and because the stock ones do absorb the vibes, but really look "plain"...new ones can cost from $50 on up and improve rider feel and looks. While your at it, buy the $60 service manual, no better deal than that (you'll end saving twice that the 1st time you use it just changing the oil and filter yourself...no kidding).

2) Leave wheels stock, but do change tires if you need 'em or find you are wanting better mileage or better grip. Maybe add a fork brace to stiffen the front end.

3) Brakes and brake lines, do they feel and stop "crisp" if not, look into replacing/cleaning the hardware, bleeding the brakes and don't forget to lube the pins

4) Any other performance and braking mods that suit your needs

5) Comfort mods, do your feet and hands fit and check if you naturally find everything "is in the right place" (even if you close your eyes) test reach and feel all your hand and foot controls with out peeking, funny how moving a brake pedal 1/4" makes.

6) Storage, do you have throw on saddlebags, trunk/saddlepack for those quick weekend getaways?

7) Passenger mods go hand in hand with items 5 & 6, especially nice to share the experience with others hmmm?

8) Finally add *bling* as the very last group of mods, these can cost the most and contribute "little" to YOUR riding experience, but add to it when parked or for others to admire. Above all, do what you feel are YOUR priorities.

Last edited:
Save youre money untill youve racked up some miles. Them you can best decide what you "NEED" Not want.......Nice bike as it is !

definately grips. there not just dress up, they are for comfort to so take that into account when you shop for them. as plain as they are i was suprised that the stock grips are fairly comfortable. but there is alot better out there so take your time and find what fits you and then your bike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back