free website stats program What did u give up? | Harley Davidson Forums

What did u give up?

david26

So I know alot of us just got the extra income and can afford whatever they want and to those I say :tounge. But to the rest of us paycheck to paycheck losers what is it u had to or still give up to own your Harley? Myself I had a 95 chevy pickup that had $200k miles on it and was about to puke up it guts and I could either get me a new truck payment or rebuild and get a New bike payment.
Well one 350 long block a rebuild on my tranny and evrything else to go with it to a totlal of $3k later I am still drivin that old chevy and plenty happy with it as long as on the nice days I am drivin a beutiful shiny Harley to work. Not to mention my gun collection is realy hurtin or at least not grown do to all the parts i buy for the bike.So like I said what do u or have u givin up to own your iron could be as small as takin your lunch to work every day or as big as sendin that women packin.

Dave

I too am a working stiff, I gave up drinking and cut my hair to apease the Redhead, We eat out less, and watch movies our son burns for us, I guess I would give up most any thing to be able to ride a new bike every 4 years, JMO, Capital Jack

Quit tobacco, pack a peanut butter sandwich for lunch, refinanced some loans, whacked some of the 401k but it was worth it.

Smoking,Vacations and it was either new truck or Harley. Guess which one I went for!:D

Dug-up a Fruit Jar...:D

U know how many hole i got in my yard lookin for the place where them jars grow?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am riding a worn out 1988 FLHS because I did give a lot up. I gave up the necessary maintenance on my bike and rode on tires that were due for replacing quite a thousand miles back. At one time I only had one pair of jeans to wear. Most of my underwear has holes in it. I quietly did all this for a wife I am still in love with and a grand daughter who is the one and only. They get the extra money to spend and I get to nurse my bike down the road a few more miles. When you see a 65 year old biker coming down the road on an old bike smiling. It just might be me.

I've given up an old lady, got a new one with a bike, spent my last dime on a shovel basket while laid off with two kids. Oh yeah! Left my only car broke down where I bought the basket. The list goes on and on. I too am just a working stiff and like Jack I too apease a Red Head, who is threatening me with a car payment so I better get that 07' paid off quick. Hmmm, what do I give up to achieve that?

I had to give up racing my Formula Ford in the SCCA series after 12 years and sold everything. Race bikes some before that, so had to do something exciting and entertaining, Harley covers both of those words.

Back