free website stats program what # autolite plug for 1985 softail? | Harley Davidson Forums

what # autolite plug for 1985 softail?

ron1978

my dads having trouble with plugs with his older 85' fxstc.
it has a hyper charger on it and it'll foul plugs quick, just woinder if any running autolite plugs and if so what #

it has a hyper charger on it and it'll foul plugs quick, just woinder if any running autolite plugs and if so what #

why not HD plugs? have you found out why the extreme fouling?

You stated that the plugs foul quick, but what type of fouling, rich mixture, or improper fueling, black fluffy deposits or oily slick, black tar like fouling (oil/blowby). Using hotter plugs may "mask" the symptom, but finding the root cause and repairing it is probably the better fix.

Go to the Self Help Tips or Search with keywords to find similar threads. It will help you sort out the difficulty...

it has a quick gas smeel and it floods instantly if it does't bust off on first try or 2.
he blames hyper charger, he says its running to rich and he's already running littlest jet possible, the plug looks wet with gas and black

I don't think the problem is the plugs, it's more like too much fuel like in jetting or too much choke when starting. You have to develop an rhythm or pattern and be consistent to start those.

Spark Plug X Reference Chart - Harley Davidson Community

Back