free website stats program Weird noise after gas fillup | Harley Davidson Forums

Weird noise after gas fillup

Every time I fill up my tank, I get some really strange noises from the gas tank area for a few minutes. Sort of a swishing or grinding sound. What's up with that? It goes away after a while and everything is fine.

Possibly a fuel pump problem or something associated with the lines or filter. Have the dealer take a look at it.

That I will! Dude, so far this 09 Glide isn't looking so good for quality!
Paint popped off the starter housing.
The noisy fill up thing.
Entirely all exhaust out the left side only.
I dunno.....

Just emailed the dealer. So far my feelings on this thing aren't great! Too many issues for a bike with 375 miles on it. Rides great but....

Last edited by a moderator:
That I will! Dude, so far this 09 Glide isn't looking so good for quality!
Paint popped off the starter housing.
The noisy fill up thing.
Entirely all exhaust out the left side only.
I dunno.....

they will replace the starter for the paint

If you feel your dealer isnt doing their best to remedy your problems contact H-D customer service (corporate) and get a case number started.
414-343-4056. They do not reieve e-mail at this time.This way the company has documentation on your problems as well.

You may want to contact H-D customer service(corporate) 414-343-4056 and get a case number started.This way the company has documentation of your problems.Have your VIN number ready when you call.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back