free website stats program Weird Lines on Radio Display | Harley Davidson Forums

Weird Lines on Radio Display

SprChkn

Hello all,

2010 Streetglide / 5000miles . I was riding yesterday and noticed weird little lines appearing and then disappearing on my radio display. Probably 1/2 in long and running verticle in the middle of the display. It would basically reverse the color of the pixals (or whatever they are called) so white parts would be black and where there was black (like the numbers on the clock) it would turn white. Generally, one would start on the left side of the clock read out then disappear, then another would come up about a quarter inch to the left and disapear and so-on. It happened with the radio both on and off, while still and moving. I don't think it was related to bumps in the road, but then again, here in Illinois most roads are just a series of bumps patched together.

Anyone ever had this? Is it indicative of problems to come?

Thanks!

Never had it happen to mine. I'd call the dealer see what they say (oh wait, they'll say it's normal). Seriously, it's under warranty, I'd take it in and get it fixed or documented.

Teething problems again just like in 95 they had some glitches with the stereos, warranty issue fir sure:s

Don't expect a "New" radio under warranty. Best you will do is a re-man. Have had my last one for several months now. Maybe the finally got it right.:D

Back