free website stats program ??? weight oil in trans | Harley Davidson Forums

??? weight oil in trans

nate

Does anybody know what the stock weight oil in the trans for a 05 Fat Boy is. My manual just gives me part numbers?

Does anybody know what the stock weight oil in the trans for a 05 Fat Boy is. My manual just gives me part numbers?

Don't know if you are asking what to replace it with or what was in there.
75/90 or 75/140 depending on your riding and the temps. Hot climates, use the 75/140

Post the part number you have and we'll tell you what it is.

Re: Please Help? Trans

I have an 05 Fat Boy. Does anybody know what the stock trans oil weight is? The manual only gives me a Harley part number and I want to put in M1. Thanks (Mahalo) from Hawaii.

Check this out:

Trans Oil Poll - Harley Davidson Community

In Hawaii, you should probably go with a 75W-140 gear lube since you may experience higher temps on a regular basis. Do you have the 5-spd OEM tranny? If so, use a premium quality synthetic gear lube that is handy there. Mobil 1 is a great option.

If you have a 6-spd tranny, try Spectro Heavy Duty Platinum 6-speed Transmission Oil. See:

Spectro Oils of America - Transmission Gear Oils

TQ

??Trans oil help??

The Harley part number for the stock trans oil is (99892-84 quart or 99891-84 gallon). I want to switch to Mobil 1 syn. Still running the OEM 5 speed trans. The average temp here in Hawaii is around 90 degrees. 75W-140 or 75/90. My ridding style vary from cruzzin to ridding like I stole it.

Mahalo (Thank You) N8

Re: ??Trans oil help??

The Harley part number for the stock trans oil is (99892-84 quart or 99891-84 gallon). I want to switch to Mobil 1 syn. Still running the OEM 5 speed trans. The average temp here in Hawaii is around 90 degrees. 75W-140 or 75/90. My ridding style vary from cruzzin to ridding like I stole it.

Mahalo (Thank You) N8

75-140 would be your best bet.

Back