free website stats program web page dies | Harley Davidson Forums

web page dies

00Buckshot; As you know I am on a lot, even when I am not near the PC and I have never even once seen that message. I can't say for sure, but likely on your end if I was guessin. Maybe see if there are any updates on whatever browser your using.

If you are on a Windows PC and running the latest browser, 8 I think, the new security built in sometimes sees a conflict when there is really nothing wrong. If your screen says something like Internet Explorer has encounterd a problem and must shut down but it doesn't actually shut down, then it is probably the new security. I don't know that there is anything you can do about it.

You have a virus. Get latest avg and antivir personal edition virus protection. They are freeware. This is all I use on my PC's. It will take care of your problem. It most likely tells you it has encountered a problem and then shuts down right?

this is happening more and more little window pops up and says it has stopped working?

XP only

Its possible you have a internet problem or a virus.

Open up your browser and click on Tools>> Internet options>> click on the Privacy Tab

Verify that the popup blocker is checked.

While you are there click on the Security tab and set all zones to deafult

Last click on the Control panel>> click on Windows Firewall and makes sure its ON.

If it is internet explorer you are using this sort of problem can be caused by add on toolbars
usually nfrom google and yahoo but there are many others
go to view, toolbars and un tic any add on toolbars to disable them

Brian

XP only

Its possible you have a internet problem or a virus.

Open up your browser and click on Tools>> Internet options>> click on the Privacy Tab

Verify that the popup blocker is checked.

While you are there click on the Security tab and set all zones to deafult

Last click on the Control panel>> click on Windows Firewall and makes sure its ON.

If it is internet explorer you are using this sort of problem can be caused by add on toolbars
usually nfrom google and yahoo but there are many others
go to view, toolbars and un tic any add on toolbars to disable them

Brian
just did all the above hopefully it will help thanks a ton guys!

+1 for Firefox. I wouldn't have any other browser. Get it and get rid of 95% of all internet problems. And, it's free.

Back