free website stats program Water in left Exhaust? | Harley Davidson Forums

Water in left Exhaust?

ZZroadking

I rolled in my garage last night and let my 05 RK idle for a minute rolled the throttle a couple of times and began to shut her down for the winter. While doing the fluid changes my son said "why is there water under the bike". I could not believe it, a puddle near the end of my left pipe about a ounce! It seemed to ooze out of the bottom baffle screw directly under the pipe near the rear. It was 36 degrees outside when I rode to (warm) up the fluids near 20 minutes some highway also.
I put Stabil in it the last 5 minutes of my ride. Not sure what to think/do. Never happened before??
Any ideas?:(:(

Did you check to se if there was a leak in your radiator? Just kidding. :D I couldn't resist.

I rolled in my garage last night and let my 05 RK idle for a minute rolled the throttle a couple of times and began to shut her down for the winter. While doing the fluid changes my son said "why is there water under the bike". I could not believe it, a puddle near the end of my left pipe about a ounce! It seemed to ooze out of the bottom baffle screw directly under the pipe near the rear. It was 36 degrees outside when I rode to (warm) up the fluids near 20 minutes some highway also.
I put Stabil in it the last 5 minutes of my ride. Not sure what to think/do. Never happened before??
Any ideas?:(:(

Yep, as Glider said. Lower flow gives the moisture in the exhaust time to condense in the pipe, especially in those temps that you were in, that's the water you're seeing.

Did you check to se if there was a leak in your radiator? Just kidding. :D I couldn't resist.

Trek, I am having a hard time locating the rad cap. it must be similar to your Hondasaki? :p

Yep, as Glider said. Lower flow gives the moisture in the exhaust time to condense in the pipe, especially in those temps that you were in, that's the water you're seeing.

Thanks, I did some investigating and noticed a yellowing around the baffle screw. I guess the condensation was always there but would evaporate by morning or sinceI have been riding in some cool temps lately. I am thinking a good thing for the baffle screw so the water can escape from the pipe! I would not enjoy the results down the road if it pooled in the pipe with nowhere to go.
Thx again:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back