free website stats program Wanting Laced / Spoked Wheels 2014 RK | Harley Davidson Forums

Wanting Laced / Spoked Wheels 2014 RK

rusntx

Howdy all, looking for direct fit chromed laced wheels for my non-ABS 14 FLHR. Had them on my 06 FLHX while they are a pain to clean I love the look and old school style. Do not want to spend $1k a wheel while I am at it either. Prefer to use my low mileage existing tires if possible, Will sell the impeller wheels on it now. Been looking at Dennis Kirk , MoCo, and JP Cycles but am looking for other potential vendors I may be missing. Thanks for the help.

Have you tried M&M Cycles. Mark is a great guy to deal with and has very competitive prices.

Over the years have talked with guys who have experienced spoke wheels collapsing, vibration, pitting, etc. from not using top shelf wheels or the need to be constantly tightening spokes. So just be careful for what you wish for.....

Over the years have talked with guys who have experienced spoke wheels collapsing, vibration, pitting, etc. from not using top shelf wheels or the need to be constantly tightening spokes. So just be careful for what you wish for.....
thanks for the feedback gents. Best wishes for a great 2015.
WAP.gif

Howdy,Well I have a new wrinkle in my wheel search. My brother has offered me his knuckles from his 13 Ultra. Any ideas what it would take to put these on my 14RK? Most wheels you need all sorts of bearings wheel adapter kits, new brake rotors etc. As always appreciate the help.
WAP.gif

I am not aware of any differences between the bearings, spacers, and axles from the 13 Ultra and 14 King but if it were me, I'd stop by the dealership and talk to the parts manager IF he's qualified.

Hey that would be great. Will give my local dealer a call they have been a helpful in the past and are good folks

Well I called the dealer they said it has to do with ABS VS. non ABS. The knuckle is off an ABS bike my RK is not. But I have been told also that it will still work has to do with the bearings. I am unsure at this point. Not too often you get a nice wheel given ya! Any help in clearing this up is appreciated. I'd like to think I can use them perhaps a bearing or spacer might help make the swap. I just don't know.
WAP.gif

Thanks I do appreciate the clarification and help. Will use the spacers and press on. Be well.

Back