free website stats program VStream Windshields | Harley Davidson Forums

VStream Windshields

Fatboy 07

Just traded in my 2007 Fatboy on a 2008 Ultra Classic and am considering replacing the windshield with a "VStream" windshield from National Cycle. Has anyone had any experience with this company or this product?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Try the link below if you would like to see what these windshields are all about.

Still would like any input from anyone that has experience with this windshield.

Thanks,

National Cycle, Inc. | OEM and Aftermarket Motorcycle Accessories

Last edited by a moderator:
I replaced my windshield on my road glide with klock works windshield, looks pretty much the same but has more curve to it. I made my ride much better, with the wind now going over my head instead of in my face, plus it is like riding with no windshield and not getting the bugs in your face. I live in FL and we have the love bug problem two times a year, and the curve on the windshield really keeps them at bay.

Just traded in my 2007 Fatboy on a 2008 Ultra Classic and am considering replacing the windshield with a "VStream" windshield from National Cycle. Has anyone had any experience with this company or this product?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

[http://www.nationalcycle.com/catalogue/VStream_FLH.shtm]

I'm not a huge fan of the more radical look you get with a Klockwerks or VStream shield. I just think it looks weird on a Harley. Clearview makes a great shield and the recurve really solves most of the buffeting problem. Fastaire also offers shields in a wide variety of heights and are very affordable so you can actually get several.

I have the 10 3/4 height model. It works well but its to tall for me Im looking through it more than I like. Will probably sell it or use it this fall to keep warm. I also have a 8" recurve that I like but still get buffeting from it. Seems like I need a 9" or so to be right for me.

Thanks to all who responded. Great input. I just found out I have a friend with a 2008 Roadglide that has one on order and plan to wait until his is installed and get a one on one opion as to the effectiveness of the shield.

Thanks again,

Thanks to all who responded. Great input. I just found out I have a friend with a 2008 Roadglide that has one on order and plan to wait until his is installed and get a one on one opion as to the effectiveness of the shield.

Thanks again,

Just be sure to remember that his Road Glide versus your Ultra is not a perfect "apples to apples" comparison. Fairing and windshield position relative to the rider is different on each bike. Just something to consider before you fall in love with something on his bike that may produce slightly different results on yours.

Thanks again,

Did your friend get his V Stream installed? Which one low or standard? Does he like it?

I have been considering a windshield change for my 09 RG after returning from Street Vibrations. I'm looking at Clearview, Klock Works, and V Stream with shorter than stock heights.

Yes he did get it installed prior to our trip to Street Vibrations. He purchased a 20" model and says he does like it. However, he was not as enthusiastic as I suspected he would be so I am not sure how much he likes it better than what he replaced. Only real comment he made to me was that he could hear his radio much better!

While in Reno I had a chance to review the klock werks windshield and discuss it's merits with one of their salesmen. I kinda like the 10" smoked shield at least as much as the VStream. The 10" puts the top about the level of my nose, whereas the one I currently have is 13" and places the top high on my forehead.

The salesman stressed the point that their shield created 15lbs downforce on the front of the bike and created a more stable ride. However, at this point I am most concerned about the affect (if any) on my passenger (wife) and riding in the rain since we do live in Oregon and it has a tendancy to rain know and then.

I plan to make a "winter decision" and purchase one of them during the riding season down time.

Back