free website stats program VRSCDX- ABS -vs- No ABS experience(s) | Harley Davidson Forums

VRSCDX- ABS -vs- No ABS experience(s)

MikeyG

Hi, I am getting ready to purchase a 2008 VRSCDX and getting conflicting opinions if ABS option is worth it from different employees at the HD dealership. I prefer to hear from you guys (and Gals) as to your experience riding VRODS with or without the ABS option. Some are telling me they want control with no shaking, ability to hold through the rear skid, and if needed laydown the bike, .. others are saying the HD ABS system is awesome and a smooth experience making a huge difference in a full hard braking experience?
Appreciate your insights. Thx.

I'm picking up my VRSCDX later this week which will have ABS. Apparently it is standard on Australian 09 spec bikes now. Does any one know of any reviews that have been done on this system. Thanks

I know the ABS system used is manufactured by Delphi, I found a couple articles on the subject worth searching on the internet. Congratulations on your purchase and drop me a note if you get time on how the ABS worked for you. Thx, -Mike

Mike, when I picked up the bike yesterday the dealer gave me a DVD explaining the system. From what I can gather the system senses deceleration of each wheel independently as apposed to a car that compares wheel speed over the four wheels. I applied the back brake going down hill at a bit over walking pace on a gravel road this morning and felt the pulsing that you would get in a car but the bike stayed straight and stable. This sounds dangerous but I had to know. AB

Back