free website stats program Volt meter bouncing when turn signals on | Harley Davidson Forums

Volt meter bouncing when turn signals on

How bad does it bounce, could just be the voltage drop when the signals are flashing which is common.
kemo

I think it jumps from like 8 to 14 volts but that is a guess right now.

That is a pretty deep drop. It almost has to be the meter itself because if the voltage in the system was really that low, the bike would quit.

Need at least the year of the bike to make some sense of it. You provided almost nothing to work with.

That is a pretty deep drop. It almost has to be the meter itself because if the voltage in the system was really that low, the bike would quit.

Need at least the year of the bike to make some sense of it. You provided almost nothing to work with.

Got to agree here H D gauges leave a lot to be desired :s Check voltage with a Fluke or name brand meter just for grins and giggles:s

If it's an ECM bike, I can't see how it could stay booted. Even the head light would look like it had one of those modulators hooked to it.

I will put a meter on it when I get home while it is running and see if the gauge is actually true or not. I guess it could bea weak gauge.

The bike is a 89 FLHTCU w/ss carb Does have new led's in the back but that should be drawing less.

My brothers 89 does the same thing,we even changed the meter and still the same. The bike runs and starts great though so we're leaving it alone!

Back