free website stats program Visiting US again. | Harley Davidson Forums

Visiting US again.

Hi, Last year I flew to JFK, went into NY City for 2 days then picked up a car and drove round NY State. Went to OCC HQ (waste of time) lousy customer service and didn't have a leather jacket to fit me, I'm only a size XL so it wasn't really anything out of the ordinary.
Anyway after there we headed to Niagra Falls and went over the border and spent the night in Canada. On returning to the US we went into HD in Buffallo where they were only too pleased to take my Dollars and supply me with a Leather jacket along with a whole lot of other HD gear. Very friendly and got talking to the parts guys and had a coffee etc. All in all well worth the visit and saved about 60% on what I would pay in the UK !
Headed back through NY state, turned the main highway option off of the Sat Nav to see a bit more of the countryside and was very impressed. Stayed at some decent Hotels wherever we ended up at night then headed to Media in PA to see a couple of old buddies from this side of the pond. Had a great time there.Went to a couple of HD stealers there.
Then headed back to JFK for the flight home.
It looked doubtful if I would be visiting this year with the value of the £ falling so badly but it looks to be getting better now.
Anyway, this October I am flying into JFK picking up a rental car and plan to drive to the HD Museum in no particular route. I beleive it is about 900 miles so if any of you have any ideas on a particular town or sight worth looking or stopping at on the way I would much appreciate your suggustions.

Never mind all that driving, catch a hop from JFK to Chicago, then rent a car, then after you visit the HD museum in Milwaukee come on down to Anamosa Iowa and check out the National museum, over 200 bikes including the ORIGIONAL Panhead from the movie Easyrider, it is the actual bike they used in the end scene, rebuilt of course...Have a burger and a beer at Knuckleheads or if your flush with cash a B&B at Scooters

Thanks Hagatha I'll look into that.

Back