free website stats program Virginia - West Virgina Mountains | Harley Davidson Forums

Virginia - West Virgina Mountains

glw22041

Great ride through the mountains. I attached a Google Earth route for you (Just unzip).

Left DC out 66 to I81 south take the Route 55 west exit. Take 55 west to Rt 256. Great road some nice long bridges. Take Rt 220 South, some flat areas through small towns plus plenty of twisties, up and down hill. Follows the south branch of the Potomac River. Take 33 East back over the mountains, get ready for some 120 - 180 degree switch backs and some great mountain views. You can end back at I 81, continue onto Sky Line Drive and north back to Front Royal or stay on 33 east to Rt 29 or father east.

About 350 miles total from DC and back.

Enjoy

Attachments

• Mountain Ride.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 41
Great ride through the mountains. I attached a Google Earth route for you (Just unzip).

Left DC out 66 to I81 south take the Route 55 west exit. Take 55 west to Rt 256. Great road some nice long bridges. Take Rt 220 South, some flat areas through small towns plus plenty of twisties, up and down hill. Follows the south branch of the Potomac River. Take 33 East back over the mountains, get ready for some 120 - 180 degree switch backs and some great mountain views. You can end back at I 81, continue onto Sky Line Drive and north back to Front Royal or stay on 33 east to Rt 29 or father east.

About 350 miles total from DC and back.

Enjoy

I live in the Shenandoah Valley, we do some unbelievable rides from Front Royal,Va. to Deep Creek Lake in Western Md. never getting on a major highway.....all back roads over & through the Mountains of Va. & WVa.About 452 miles round trip. Stop to have lunch overlooking the lake.
You should join us sometime............
p.s. I know those switchbacks on Rt.33 over the mountain very well !!!!

You're right. Last week we rode down to Franklin, headed west through Seneca Rock over to Elkins, then North up to Deep Creek Lake. We stayed at Lake Star on the North end Saturday night. Sunday we toured Wright's Falling Water and Kentucky KNob

Back