free website stats program Vibration when leaning right | Harley Davidson Forums

Vibration when leaning right

gec1995

I get a moderate vibration in my front wheel and sometimes feel it in my feet when im leaning to the right worse when I go faster could it be wheel bearings tire which I had replaced or something else. Thanks

possibly wheel not correctly balanced but strange that only there when leaning right so it needs a wee bit more investigation

Brian

Look your tires over carefully for a slight bubble on that side. If your tires are in good shape, check your motor mounts. If they are ok then I don't know.

If the tire was the last thing changed I would start there:s

What was wrong with the tire you replaced? When you replaced the tire I would assume that the wheel bearings were checked at the same time. Did the vibration start with the new tire or was it there before and after you changed them?

I had the tire replaced wheel bearings repacked new seals but this vibration was doing it with old tire replaced because worn out.checked motor mount looks good and tight.Thanks

I had the tire replaced wheel bearings repacked new seals but this vibration was doing it with old tire replaced because worn out.checked motor mount looks good and tight.Thanks

Sitting on your bike (engine off) roll your bike forward and stop quickly with the front brake. Do you feel clearance or hear an excessive clunk sound ?

If so you need to tighten your neck bearings.

Also how long has it been since you checked or changed your front fork oil ?

(just fishing for possible cause or problems)

but this vibration was doing it with old tire replaced

Are your wheels Laced or cast. Check a few things right off the top. I would check both planes for run-out, especially if laced wheels.
Since your bearings are taper roller, I would also check hub endplay. The shims need to be correct which could easily be overlook.

Back