free website stats program Very angry customer | Harley Davidson Forums

Very angry customer

Redfish-Joe

This is what the service dept. at Mike Brunos HD in Slidell La. did to my bike when they replaced the clutch cable. Funny, they say they have no record of replacing the cable. I contacted extended warranty and they gave me repair order number for the work "they never did". I also have a copy of the check I used to pay for the work.

The wires are burned from the outside. Note the arrow. It points to what looks like to me where the pipe blew hot gasses out, which ruined the wires.

Y'all come on down after lunch on Monday if you want to see a fat boy jump time!

Attachments

• Img_3644.jpg
    Img_3644.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 555
This is what the service dept. at Mike Brunos HD in Slidell La. did to my bike when they replaced the clutch cable. Funny, they say they have no record of replacing the cable. I contacted extended warranty and they gave me repair order number for the work "they never did". I also have a copy of the check I used to pay for the work.

The wires are burned from the outside. Note the arrow. It points to what looks like to me where the pipe blew hot gasses out, which ruined the wires.

Y'all come on down after lunch on Monday if you want to see a fat boy jump time!

JUMP joe JUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!
signed....BUBBIE

I had the brake switch replaced and the cable replaced at the same time. But I have been having an on going starter problem, grinding etc.
One of the techs I talked to about the starter before said ..too much fuel causing starter problems. Then he looked at the wires and said too lean. I told him to make up his mind ....too rich or too lean. He said the pipes got hot and caused the problem. I said show me the blue...where did they get that hot.

The service manager then said the trailer caused the wires to burn. I told him when wires burn from the inside they short out. Don't talk to me like I'm stupid.

I had the brake switch replaced and the cable replaced at the same time. But I have been having an on going starter problem, grinding etc.
One of the techs I talked to about the starter before said ..too much fuel causing starter problems. Then he looked at the wires and said too lean. I told him to make up his mind ....too rich or too lean. He said the pipes got hot and caused the problem. I said show me the blue...where did they get that hot.

The service manager then said the trailer caused the wires to burn. I told him when wires burn from the inside they short out. Don't talk to me like I'm stupid.

Have you checked the fuel line going to the starter? if the fuel line bushings are warn this could be the problem. :D

Redfish, so how do YOU think this happened? Could the bike have been run without it's mufflers or what?

Just looked at my buddies 09 Road glide. It looks like you could replace the clutch cable without pulling the exhaust. The wires and brake hose are well away from the exhaust and the clutch cable. If they decided to pull the exhaust thy could have used a torch to heat the coupling; one slip would have melted that wire cover. The wires are probably OK but it looks like junk. They should have just admitted what happened.
Might be in Slidell in a couple of weeks at Textron.

Back