free website stats program Vance Hines OS 450 Titan Slip-on | Harley Davidson Forums

Vance Hines OS 450 Titan Slip-on

I have the Vance Hines OS 450 Titan slip-ons on my 2014 Ultra. Anyone have any idea as to what these pipes would be equivalent to in the Harley Davidson like of slip-ons? I have the Super Tuner from HD, but I don't see a Vance Hines OS 450 Titan.

Not sure but,the loudest HD pipes(screamin eagle) are not loud.Everything from V&H I've heard is very loud.Don't know if there is an equivalent?

They only ones I see with the 41/2'' pipe and 21/2'' baffles is the Screamin' Eagle FatShotz.

Just remember to name your base tune. And also name each smart tune that you load so you can always go back to one or the other.

They only ones I see with the 41/2'' pipe and 21/2'' baffles is the Screamin' Eagle FatShotz.
Hi Steve Thanks for the Reply. Yea it looks like the Screaming Eagle Street Cannons are going to be the pick. They are 4 in dia pipes. The V&H OS are 4 1/2 inch in Dia. No just need to see how to use the smart tune software and such. Should not be that difficult. Do know of a quick step by stet guide?

Thansk

Just remember to name your base tune. And also name each smart tune that you load so you can always go back to one or the other.
Hi Coopernicus,

Yea I will remember to do that. I sure would hate to loose my Stock base map. Thanks for the reminder.
Tim

Got another question that might be in this same category. I am thinking of removing that dad gem Catalytic Converter. Man that darn thing is hot. I can feel the heat radiate from it. What would be pros or cons on just removing the darn thing. I will keep the stock head pipes and all.

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Got another question that might be in this same category. I am thinking of removing that dad gem Catalytic Converter. Man that darn thing is hot. I can feel the heat radiate from it. What would be pros or cons on just removing the darn thing. I will keep the stock head pipes and all.Tim

Many have removed the cat from the head pipe with mixed results. The O2 sensors are located in the cat and are located such that the ECM doesn't get a "blended" O2 reading once the cat material is removed. Best move would be to replace the OEM head pipe with an '09 (non Cali or CVO) headpipe that is catless; not as easy to find as they once were but may be found by looking around on Ebay and other forums. Best move would be to replace the OEM head pipe with an aftermarket, catless head pipe like V&H Power Dual, Fullsac or Fuel Moto. In any event, a re-tune is necessary.

There is an HD guide to the Smart Tune process which is basically load a base tune, record data and adjust. Check the link and go to "Smart Tune without Dyno". Street Cannons have a hi-flow cat in each muffler so there might be a better choice for a base tune; SE Thunder Streets or Street Performance slipons might be a better starting point. You will need to close your pop up blocker to open the below link.
http://streetperformancetuner.harley-davidson.com/StreetTuner.aspx

Many have removed the cat from the head pipe with mixed results. The O2 sensors are located in the cat and are located such that the ECM doesn't get a "blended" O2 reading once the cat material is removed. Best move would be to replace the OEM head pipe with an '09 (non Cali or CVO) headpipe that is catless; not as easy to find as they once were but may be found by looking around on Ebay and other forums. Best move would be to replace the OEM head pipe with an aftermarket, catless head pipe like V&H Power Dual, Fullsac or Fuel Moto. In any event, a re-tune is necessary.

There is an HD guide to the Smart Tune process which is basically load a base tune, record data and adjust. Check the link and go to "Smart Tune without Dyno". Street Cannons have a hi-flow cat in each muffler so there might be a better choice for a base tune; SE Thunder Streets or Street Performance slipons might be a better starting point. You will need to close your pop up blocker to open the below link.
http://streetperformancetuner.harley-davidson.com/StreetTuner.aspx
Thanks Dolt,
That is a lot of information to take in all at once. I do have a understanding of the internal combustion engine and how the components work, but that was during the Points and condenser days. LOL. Not as computerized as it is now. Looks fairly easy. Going to watch more when I have gone over some of the video. Thanks for you input.

Tim

Back