free website stats program vance and hines | Harley Davidson Forums

vance and hines

dwoz2012

I am going to buy the V&H pro pipe 2 to 1, and was woundering if anyone has worked with them? also I got the TFI and was told not to use the O2 senser. So should I install the senser or are there plugs that come with the headpipe? The set up on the bike will have the above items and V&H throtle pack, with a PM big air kit. so any help or information would help. Thanks and with this being my first Harley love the site it has help me out greatly. Ride Safe

dwoz2012; I almost went w/the ProPipe - V& H makes awesome exhaust. You'll like the low-end torque & heat reduction w/this upgrade. Won't need O2 sensors w/TFI because the tuner connects to the sensor plug so check w/V&H to see if they package sensor bung plugs w/their exhaust. If not, can buy them separate, or go to NAPA auto parts & get correct size for the new pipes...mine was 18mm, but not sure newer are same size (could be 15mm)..?? All good selections w/your upgrades - keep us posted on progress.

Iceman,

I just installed a set of the Pro Pipe Chromes on my 06' FLHTCI last night. Because it is an 06' and there aren't O2 sensors, I had to order a set of plugs for the sensor holes as they do not come with the pipes. Here's the exact description of what I ordered

"PLUG KIT F/SENSORS 18MM 1861-0464"

These fit perfectly so they are certainly the correct ones. I put some anti-seize on them as I figured there may be a day that I decide to move up to an auto-tuner and want to be able to remove them without damaging the header pipes if need be.

One thing to note if you are installing these yourself:
There are two mounting brackets that come with the kit. Which bracket you use is decided based on the year of your bike. This particular bracket mounts underneath the transmission after you remove the stock bracket. The confusing part about it is, that the instructions tell you which bracket to use based on the supposed part number stamped on the brackets....well, they don't (at least in my case) have part numbers stamped on them so I had to guess.

If you are 06' or earlier, you want the BIGGER of the two brackets. For 07'-08' models, you will use the SMALLER bracket.

Iceman,

I just installed a set of the Pro Pipe Chromes on my 06' FLHTCI last night. Because it is an 06' and there aren't O2 sensors, I had to order a set of plugs for the sensor holes as they do not come with the pipes. Here's the exact description of what I ordered

"PLUG KIT F/SENSORS 18MM 1861-0464"

These fit perfectly so they are certainly the correct ones. I put some anti-seize on them as I figured there may be a day that I decide to move up to an auto-tuner and want to be able to remove them without damaging the header pipes if need be.

One thing to note if you are installing these yourself:
There are two mounting brackets that come with the kit. Which bracket you use is decided based on the year of your bike. This particular bracket mounts underneath the transmission after you remove the stock bracket. The confusing part about it is, that the instructions tell you which bracket to use based on the supposed part number stamped on the brackets....well, they don't (at least in my case) have part numbers stamped on them so I had to guess.

If you are 06' or earlier, you want the BIGGER of the two brackets. For 07'-08' models, you will use the SMALLER bracket.

I put the plugs in my 2-1 and then didn't like the pipes so switched back to stock. When I tried to pull the plugs out of the V&H the bungs in the pipes twisted right off. And I only ran the pipes for 1 day. So be sure to use anti-sieze and hopfully that will help.

I had the Pro pipe on my Dyna and wish I would have bought another one for my Road King instead of the Big Shot duals. I think the 2 into 1 Pro pipes sound great myself. I used the Screaming Eagle filter and the V&H tuner with the Big Shots and everthing works great but wish I would have used the Pro pipe instead.

Update...Well Baggs, stock pipes, and stock air cleaner are off. Have the V & H throtal pack installed. Hopfully tomarrow I will get the new pipe, TFI, and new aircleaner done. As this is my frist Harley and the frist time I have done work on it, not to bad so far. (always easyer on the take a part stage). Hopefully the rest of the upgreades go as well. Thanks to the members and this form, helped more the words can say...Thanks Guys Ride safe

Ok so it is done. The Throttle Pack-Great, Kuryakyn hi five mach 2-Great, EJK gen 3 from Dobeck-Asome, Vance and Hines pro pipe 2 to 1 Great. The bike runs like a totaly new bike. Torque, sound, it sounds like the good old muscel car. Can hear the intake Asome. I did take the gas tank off the bike, made for running the wires nice, and contctions to the injuctors real easy. thanks for all the help from this form and its members.

I sure do love my pro pipe on my 2010 flhx along with there naked air cleaner (stock cover) and fuel pak. Awesome sound and good all around perf. Definately will buy there products again. Maybe the hi output pipe if I decide to do Fuel Moto 107 kit over the winter.

Back