free website stats program Vance and Hines Straightshots question | Harley Davidson Forums

Vance and Hines Straightshots question

DarinDan

I tried to find some comments on Vance and Hines straightshot slip-ons in the self help section. I picked up a set at the dealership on a parts discount weekend. I wanted to know if anyone has had experience with these on a Dyna model. I have heard them on other bikes and the sound with baffles sounded great. But I have not heard them on a Dyna. I am excited about getting them installed but thought I would ask before I commit to installation. Anyone have any insight? I know different people like different things when it comes to exhaust. I would like more sound but not overwhelming with earplugs. Thanks for your help.

Dan your going love them, I started selling them to rocker customers because there wasn't much out that would fit them at first, but the sound quality is outstanding with a price that's right. Congratulations they sound just as good on a Dyna, I have also sold a few sets of the quiet baffles with them, really give them a deep rumble.

Vance Hines: Performance Exhaust Systems

Chopper, I am excited about getting them installed but wanted to make sure I made a good choice. I have been told with these slip-ons I will not have to adjust anything with fuel injection. It this an accurate statement.

I've heard them on a Rocker and I thought the sound was pretty awesome. I would consider them for sure.

Yep, but not trying to up sell you, but when your ready for it, a free breathing air cleaner like the S/E heavey breather will give you the performance to go with that sound, about 8-10 hp. although I think you have plenty of performance right now. But when you do, you will need a download, fueler or tuner depending on your needs and how deep your pockets are. Let us know what you think about the mufflers after you get them on.

Looked up the S/E heavy breather on the web. You are trying to get me in trouble with the wife huh? I will just have to relate it to safety some how. Just kidding--she lets me spend the cash. I am impressed with the 96cc engine but I know in the future I will be making some more adjustments. What do you prefer--fueler or tuner?

A download will work, it's cost efficient and the dealer has to stand behind it since they did the download, the super tuner or TTS are good because they make your stock harley ECM 100% programable just like they do it at the factory but better, also pricey but worth every penny to me. there are other tuners out there but they have to stay mounted on the bike and need to be crammed into some tight places. And then the fuelers also stay mounted on the bike, they are like ex-wifes lying to the ECM about what the sensors are saying. They just change the fuel table, they won't raise the rev limit ar adj. timing. I'm sure others will ring in with what works for them, that's what makes the forum good, getting to hear what works for someone else. Enjoy those mufflers, they are the sound track of life.

I've had "regular" straight shots on my '03 Wideglide for years. The pipes sound great. I don't know much about the Straightshots HS....not sure if they have any atvantage over the straightshots.

Back