free website stats program Vance and Hines Exhaust | Harley Davidson Forums

Vance and Hines Exhaust

lowrider1963

I am dropping my FXDC in for it's 1000 mile tune and am having Vance and Hines slip on mufflers put on to give it a better sound. I am not putting on the Stage 1 air cleaner or tuning (due to $$$). I had two questions...
1. Will just the new exhaust increase my horsepower?
2. Can I put the air flow kit on and re-tune later?

Thanks

Minimal increase with just the exhaust. You can add the stage 1 intake and tuner later on too.

Question....

Why not do it yourself, it isn't difficult and the labor you save would buy the TFI for fuel enrichment.:D

I know the dealer and he is putting the mufflers on for no charge since I am having the 1000 service done at the same time.

Thanks for the info about the stage 1. I am hoping to be able to put it on with in a year, have to stagger my purchases until I win the lottery....

Nice of the dealer to do that for you. I guess there are some that still try to be reputable with the customers.

wow, a dealer giving something away for nothing.....hmmmmm, strange. glider and crew walked me through when I put slip-ons, rejet, and air cleaner on my sportster. of course soon they will have to walk me through putting on full pipes on my fxdf. wink wink.

Back