free website stats program Vance & Hines FuelPak FP3 or Dobeck | Harley Davidson Forums

Vance & Hines FuelPak FP3 or Dobeck

MarkS

I've had two Dobec Gen 3 controllers and really liked them. I have a new 2016 Harley Iron and thinking about going with the V&H for more advanced programming for my bike and not just general maps. I realize it marries to your bike and that's a rap when done. Thanks MarkS

I've had two Dobec Gen 3 controllers and really liked them. I have a new 2016 Harley Iron and thinking about going with the V&H for more advanced programming for my bike and not just general maps. I realize it marries to your bike and that's a rap when done. Thanks MarkS

I have a Dobeck EFJ on my '12 Ultra but only because it does not have the HDLAN (CAN Bus). I had an '11 Heritage Softail Classic before this Ultra that did have the HDLAN and I installed the FP3. Downloaded the map and flashed the ECU - almost completely eliminated the decel popping after upgrading A/C and exhaust. I also liked the View Sensor option and used that for my tach since the FLSTC did not have one. Very cool tool.

Cheers,

TQ

I recently did a complete stage 3 build and big-bore on a 2001 Ultra. I just installed a Cobra F1 controller and didn't have to change anything. I ran for 300 trouble free miles. I went this route as I'm always playing and didn't want to keep going to the Dyno. I figured if the Cobra can take a head, cam and piston change in it's stride, it should be good to go. Took 20 minutes to install and then just forget about it.

I have the FP3 on My Limited.I like it very much.Easy to use and bike performs much better than stock.I had a screaming eagle pro super tuner on previous bikes.The FP3 is easier to operate and does not need a computer.It now,lets You adjust speedometer based on GPS speed.
One thing You should know,is that if You use Your phone as a monitor for prolonged periods.It will burn a circular image in the middle of the screen.
Use an old phone ,if You want to monitor functions.

Last edited:
One thing You should know,is that if You use Your phone as a monitor for prolonged periods.It will burn a circular image in the middle of the screen.
Use an old phone ,if You want to monitor functions.

An old phone is the safest bet, but if you don't have one, you can turn down the brightness on the phone or use the Auto-Brightness feature found in Settings; Display & Brightness. Sort of a hassle having to adjust it manually each time you ride, but easy enough to do.

Cheers,

TQ

An old phone is the safest bet, but if you don't have one, you can turn down the brightness on the phone or use the Auto-Brightness feature found in Settings; Display & Brightness. Sort of a hassle having to adjust it manually each time you ride, but easy enough to do.

Cheers,

TQ

My Galaxy S3 was set to auto brightness and still burned an image.Visible when You have a white screen displayed.I am sure it depends on what display Your phone has. The Galaxy's will burn!

Like Hartoo, I have had SE Pro Super Tuners in the past and just put a V&H FP3 on my 2012 Dyna. I absolutely LOVE this device. It made my bike run better in every situation. Notably more power, less pop, and better torque.

Thanks for all the input and advice everyone!! I broke down and got my FP3 today and installed it. Chose my exhaust and high flow intake and flashed the computer. Going riding in auto tune Friday to do more fine tuning for my setup. I'm stoked to ride it and see the difference it makes!! Thanks again everyone. I'll post updates this weekend on performance.

MarkS

Back