free website stats program Valvoline 4t 20w-50 | Harley Davidson Forums

Valvoline 4t 20w-50

HOLY DIVER

my local walmart had valvoline 4t 20w50 full synthetic on clearance for $3.99 a quart i thought this was a steal for synthetic motorcycle oil so i bought all 10 quarts......now my concern is is it a good quality oil? i remember seeing a test on the forum somewhere that showed oil analysis on almost all the synthetic motorcycle oil but i can't remember where the Valvoline stacked up

I've read on a couple of other forums that it foams quite a bit. Now I personally have no experience with it and I'm sure the comments on the other forums are not scientific testing.

I've read on a couple of other forums that it foams quite a bit. Now I personally have no experience with it and I'm sure the comments on the other forums are not scientific testing.

yes i changed my oil and used it,when i went out for a test ride i came back and checked the oil and notice bubbles on my dip stick which brings us to if it does foam a little will that hurt anything?

yes i changed my oil and used it,when i went out for a test ride i came back and checked the oil and notice bubbles on my dip stick which brings us to if it does foam a little will that hurt anything?

How long was your test ride? Was the oil good and hot? Seems to me softails because of the location of the oil tank seem to do this a bit more, I do not believe a bit of foaming on the stick is going to hurt a thing

How long was your test ride? Was the oil good and hot? Seems to me softails because of the location of the oil tank seem to do this a bit more, I do not believe a bit of foaming on the stick is going to hurt a thing

temp gauge when i got back said the oil was 175dg not fully up to operating temp which i think is around 210?maybe?I'm draining it changing the filter and putting Mobil1 v-twin 20w-50,i've always used mobil1.if i don't it will bother me every time i ride it,having new rubber installed in the morning when i get home mobil1 is going in the oil tank

Change to that before the Salt Springs trip. Rode the fool out of it down and back. Didn't loose a drop and bike ran fine. No complaints with it so far.

Back