free website stats program Valve stem | Harley Davidson Forums

Valve stem

Mongo1958

I'm going to try a couple of different valve stems. I was wondering if any of you have tried a 90 Deg or 45 Deg stem on the wheels of our bikes.

mye_11_90_tub_chr_val_ste.jpg

mye_08_45_tub_chr_val_ste.jpg

I have tried the 90 and had no problem but it did sometimes feel like it could come out or leak never tried the 45 but looks the way to go.

If you do a search you'll find that some of the angled valve stems can contact the brake caliper at speeds resulting in quite a rough ride after that.:D

If you do a search you'll find that some of the angled valve stems can contact the brake caliper at speeds resulting in quite a rough ride after that.:D
I just tried and got nothing but this thread. If you would be so kind?

Do a search for "valve stems" I came up with quite a few.

Ok gotcha, I don't know what I did wrong but now its working, Had to dig a lot but I kinda found what I was looking for. I'll be getting 2 stems to try out. It'll try the 45 Deg on the rear wheel first.:22::newsmile082:

I put the 45 deg. one on my rear tire last year. It's close, about a 1/4" but it clears the caliper with no problem. Makes it much easier to add air now

I'm sure glad you brought this up. I thought I was the only guy who was having a difficult time adding air to his tires.
I never even considered that they could interact with the brake calipers. I would at some point like to give the 45 degree angled ones a try and simplify things.

I have a 90 on my rear tire and the valve stem will not clear the caliper, I have turned the stem to the rear of the wheel. This is no problem though. I bought the stems from Jake Wilson for $3. each. I ordered a tire for $96, they have free shipping for $100 and over so I bought 2 valve stems to increase my order to a $100.
Ken

Back