free website stats program Valve stem caps w/pressure indicater | Harley Davidson Forums

Valve stem caps w/pressure indicater

Mavagrand

Been looking at these at the local Discount Auto Parts, they come from the manufacturer set at a certain pressure (32lbs and 36lbs). You screw them onto your tires valve stem and, if the pressure drops below the setting a little red ring becomes visible. There is a green ring that is visible if pressure is above the setting. Well, been looking at them for a couple of weeks but couldn't get around the "cheesy" factor. Finally bought me a set of the "36", I run 36 in the front and 40 in the rear. Installed them and, lo and behold, my rear tire was low (31). Fired up the compressor, filled the tire. I know, it sounds cheesy but they really don't look bad. I suspect most people won't even notice them as they are mostly hidden by the brake rotors. Anyway, I know they ain't chrome and ain't from Harley but they do seem to make it ez to check the tire pressure.

I was just looking at a tire pressure indicator for motorcycles, can't recall the site I was on (I was looking for tires), but it was a little more sophisticated :s it could read current pressures front and rear and sounds an alarm when below pre-set levels.

Ihave a good gauge and will keep track of these until I am confident they are accurate. If they are, it will be a quick and ez way to confirm tire pressure during a pre ride inspection.

I have seen they at CyclePro and they sell for 9.99 for two pack for $5.99 singlular...

accuSingle.jpg

If it helps you to remember to check your tire pressure, it may be a good option.

Keep us posted on this. They at least will help those who never check their pressure on a regular basis be more aware. I am now in the habit but if these are accurate I may consider them for my cars. (wife and daughter) they seem to think everything is OK all the time.

I had those on my car and after about 2 years the all developed slow leaks. I would not recomend them

Back