free website stats program Valve Springs | Harley Davidson Forums

Valve Springs

abovethelaw

Can anyone tell me how to match the spring rate to a new cam. I want the 2 to for together for better performance. I want to go to a bee hive type spring but not sure what lift in a cam to get

Can you give us more info on the motor. Have you done any mods? What type of motor are you trying to build?

Can anyone tell me how to match the spring rate to a new cam. I want the 2 to for together for better performance. I want to go to a bee hive type spring but not sure what lift in a cam to get

Can you give us more info on the motor. Have you done any mods? What type of motor are you trying to build?
More info is needed, some cams and valve springs may have to have more relief area in the rocker boxes

The '07 and later OEM beehive springs will accomodate cam lifts up to .600" lift. They are not heavy springs, IIRC, about 135# on the seats and, for most cams, will control the valves at the higher rpm levels for a typical street build. If the application is aggressive ramps and drag racing where high rpms are the order of the day; a spring with more seat pressure would be a better option.

The OP has not been back on since posting the Thread.

AV&V, Bob Wood(PSI), Crane, and the S/E(Comp Cam) springs are all good.
At one time years ago, Bob Wood had K-Motion providing him springs............THAT, was a genuine nightmare!:nosad

Back