free website stats program V & H Throttle Pack?? | Harley Davidson Forums

V & H Throttle Pack??

jbird

Is anyone using the Throttle Pack on a TBW touring bike? Wanna know if this mod is worth it and if it is as dramatic of a change as V&H makes it out to be. Thanks in advance for all feedback.

It's another product I didn't know I needed...

Just found out about it a week or so ago. I've been on the bike since then and have actually tried rolling on the throttle at different speeds to see the throttle lag. I think it really does have some lag but I don't know if it's worth $150 to repair it either. Too bad you can't try it before you buy it.

Hopefully we can get a good discussion going.

Take care,
Dave

Re: V & H Throttle Pack??

I didn't think the throttle lag was too bad either.
Then I got one and put it on. Wow, huge improvement.
You then realize that there is a throttle lag, and you needed to do it!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can sense a lag when twisting the throttle very fast, and I also see jerky throttle when trying to accelerate really slowly. TBW seems awkward to someone who has ridden carbureted cable Harleys the last 15 years. I just bought my 2012 Street glide last fall, have 4000 miles on it, and still find TBW a little awkward. I may go and buy one. If I do I will be sure to report my findings here.

Re: V & H Throttle Pack??

I didn't think the throttle lag was too bad either.
Then I got one and put it on. Wow, huge improvement.
You then realize that there is a throttle lag, and you needed to do it!!!

Glad to hear you like it. How did you find it to install. Looks like a fair amount of cable that needs to be tucked up under the tank.

Take care,
Dave

Taildragger. There is quite a bit of extra cable that is there. I just tucked it up under the tank like you said. I put some Velcro on it and attached it to the bottom of the tank to keep it up there.

I didn't bother with in bolting the tank to make it all clean under there. Just kinda looped it up and used a zip tie to hold it all in.

Taildragger. There is quite a bit of extra cable that is there. I just tucked it up under the tank like you said. I put some Velcro on it and attached it to the bottom of the tank to keep it up there.

I didn't bother with in bolting the tank to make it all clean under there. Just kinda looped it up and used a zip tie to hold it all in.

I hear ya. I watched the video and that's what V&H does. I was thinking it would be hard to get all the cable up under the tank and secured in a couple seconds like in the video :)

Thanks again,
Dave

Anytime Dave!!!! Let us know how you like it once you get it on the bike. Cus I know you will.

Yeah, you're probably right....
I was looking on the used marketplace and they can be had for just under a hundred so that brings it into my price range.

Take care,
Dave

Back