free website stats program V&H Straightshots HS Slip-Ons | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Straightshots HS Slip-Ons

_russ_

Just installed these with the quiet baffle on my 11 FLSTC. They sound great and the bike is starting to breathe a little better. (I see an air filter and tuner change in my future). Here are some of my observations.

The installation is simple. Easy to access the brackets on the Heritage and they pretty much slap right on. I decided to remove the saddlebag and passenger footpeg to make it a little easier, though I'm not sure it was 100% necessary.

Getting the old mufflers off was a little bit of work. I've got a little over 3K miles on the bike and they weren't 'welded' on but required a good deal of 'wiggle' to get them off. Patience is the key here. Just keep working them and they'll come off.

I'd estimate that it's about 2-3 hours of work.

There's no question. They are loud and the bike rumbles. Pretty sweet. I put a decibel meter app on my iPhone and they read out at ~96dB about 2 feet off the back of the bike. In my state the law reads 103dB for the same distance. Granted the phone is far from a precise instrument, but it at least gives me an idea of what I've got going on.

Bottom line - I'd recommend them. They sound great, they look great and they make a difference in the way that the bike runs. Money well spent IMO.

Let us know after the Air Cleaner, and computer Re-map. I'm about due for a new set to replace my SE II's

Can you tell me which app you did install on your I-Phone? I would like to do the test on mine (2009 FLSTC with V&H softail true duals with quiet baffles). Thanks!

Ray

I chose Decibel Meter Pro. I doubt that it's highly accurate, but I was only looking to get an idea.

Russ

I have 08 heritage and looking into slip-on or pipes,I kinda want the pipes to be even at the tips but don't know if thats can be done with slip-ons? or if I have to do any programming to fuel system?

Back