free website stats program V&H Power Duals, Monster Ovals and Drak with SER tuner? | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H Power Duals, Monster Ovals and Drak with SER tuner?

reidsworks

I have a 2010 Electra Glide CLassic and am getting ready to pull the trigger on the complete set of V&H Power Duals, Monster Ovals, Drak AC and SER race tuner. Dealer offering free tuner work with install.
Anyone out there have any first hand experience with this set up. I've been a big fan of the V&H pipes. Heard the Power Duals could drag on hard leans in turns. I am not an aggressive rider but saw and heard the set up on a 2009 street glide. Very nice looks and sound. Monster ovals are pricey so hoping the whole system works well to gain some power and torque.

If you're looking for loud pipes, that they are not. However, they do have a smooth deep tone to them and somewhat of a growl during heavy throttle. They will drag the heat shield under the X pipe area during agressive right turns at slow speeds before hitting PCV. The scrapes it leaves are not visible unless you look under the bike. I believe overall you will be happy with them as long as your not looking for something real loud. IMO they look really good on the ULTRA's. Bike runs much better thoughout the entire power band. Also fixed the heat issues I didn't like during the summer.

Last edited:
You are paying for the name, not the performance. If you like the looks and the sound great. But don't expect better performance than regular slip ons. Pipes are the biggest racket out there.

Ryno

thanks for the responses. Not looking for loud. So the monter ovals fit the bill. Like the growl when you roll on the throttle. Still a bit concerned on scraping in hard turns. Fitment should be better than that.

As for comments about pipes being ripoff. That used to be true. Problem is the stock pipes have catalytics in them. It's like stuffing a potato in your exhaust. Only way around it is to knock em out or replace with new headers.

Love the look of the monster ovals...

That's a nice setup. I've used V&H for for the past 10 yrs on all my bikes and w/ my experience, high quality and good customer service.

Like others said, don't expect MOs to be loud, but the power duals is good addition to help with the heat and keep the tq up.

Enjoy!

I have monster ovals on my 09 ultra and love the look and sound. They seem to get deeper and deeper as the miles rack up on them. I think you'll be happy with them.

Thanks.... are you experiencing any dragging of the x pipe in hard right turns? I don't ride so aggressively but it would be nice to know.

Thanks.... are you experiencing any dragging of the x pipe in hard right turns? I don't ride so aggressively but it would be nice to know.

I don't know if that question was directed to me or not, but I just have the slip ons. The only thing that I have dragged on a turn is the bracket on my floor boards.

Yep Smitty, I get it. Header Pipes are not the same as slip on mufflers(pipes) Non technicals like to mix the two. I've seen the cats on the 2010 header pipes. It is surprising they breath at all. EPA has had plans for years. Just like I've had plans to build my dreamhouse. I think my dream Harley will be completed sooner. I have a collection of old cat exhausts laying around for the day I might have to return them to their proper place on the vehicle. Funny thing. I still have the cats but not the vehicles.

Back