free website stats program V&H straight shots slip ons | Harley Davidson Forums

V&H straight shots slip ons

RK73

Put a set on 2014 fxdc getting pop on deceleration. Only when coming of hard. Now I want to use as commuter but hated stock pipes look I went and ordered the quiet baffle. Will this help with the decel pop?

Now being these things are sent lean I'm considering changing air to a stage 1 would it be better for hd to drop the download or use a super tuner or Pcv? How much of a dent in mpg will I expect to see?

Thanks

IMO put your money on a fueler like a Dobeck, The HD download will still be TOO lean, at least with a Dobeck you can add or subtract fuel Harley Davidson Forums

Last edited by a moderator:
If baffles are more than 1.75" then a fueler is needed especially if a stage 1 air filter is installed. Decel popping is a normal by product of slip on mufflers.

Put a set on 2014 fxdc getting pop on deceleration. Only when coming of hard. Now I want to use as commuter but hated stock pipes look I went and ordered the quiet baffle. Will this help with the decel pop?

Now being these things are sent lean I'm considering changing air to a stage 1 would it be better for hd to drop the download or use a super tuner or Pcv? How much of a dent in mpg will I expect to see?

Thanks

The quiet baffle will not eliminate the decel pop which indicates a lean condition. You should not experience decel pop with a properly tuned motor regardless of the exhaust configuration. You should complete the Stage I upgrade with a free flowing air filter and install a tuner.

I would agree with Jack that the Dobeck Gen3 or 4 will allow you to tune out the decel pop; however, it that doesn't work, you will need a more sophisticated system and dyno time. The SEPST, TTS Mastertune or Powervision are all great systems.

Properly tuned, I have seen mileage improve with Stage I upgrades. Of course, that is a function of how well one can control the right wrist action.:hii

Ended up going with power vision. Pops are completely gone. Its a pretty cool little device.

After watching some of the tutorials it seems like a great device. I just do not understand how you are able to overwrite O.E. ecm...

After watching some of the tutorials it seems like a great device. I just do not understand how you are able to overwrite O.E. ecm...

Very simple. The ECM is a programmable device, all one needs to do is connect with a computer loaded with the proper software and re-program. Keep researching and you will figure it out.

it over rights the Base Map very much like the Screamin Eagle race tuner , although i believe with the power vision and newer SE tuner you can save the base map 1st.
the ECM / ECU is little more than a great big sophisticated flash drive

Back