free website stats program Upgrading pipes! | Harley Davidson Forums

Upgrading pipes!

TLCuddy86

First time rider and buyer of a motorcycle a few months ago. Just getting into it and I found the pipes I wanted, were the Big Radius 2 in 2 black Vance and Hines! I got them and the guy I was buying them from told me I would need to get a tuner due to the fact it would back fire and I wouldn't get the performance out of it, I'm not a mechanical person but in the process of learning of to take care of my vehicles my self. Any body know about this?

Check out the Self Help Section for alot of great advice and tips.
Hobbit is correct for you are changing more than just the mufflers. The air filter upgrade is no big deal to change out.

First time rider and buyer of a motorcycle a few months ago. Just getting into it and I found the pipes I wanted, were the Big Radius 2 in 2 black Vance and Hines! I got them and the guy I was buying them from told me I would need to get a tuner due to the fact it would back fire and I wouldn't get the performance out of it, I'm not a mechanical person but in the process of learning of to take care of my vehicles my self. Any body know about this?
I just installed pipes on my bike also not the same ones but was with very good advice from this site was turned to the TFI tuner by Dobeck perfomance . The tuner is very easy to install and the company will treat you rite and maybe a discount also !!! very pleased with the out come !

Dobeck does offer a discount to HDTimeline.com members, 10% I think. :s Also they will give a discount to military veterans. :s:s

Yes military and law enforcement . The one I bought was $255.00 and with the law enforcement discount I ended up paying $150.00

Replaced my stock pipes w/Bassani pro street, changed jetting, air cleaner still stock. Seems to run fine. :)

Nice pipes (V&H radius) and a tuner will definitely enhance the overall upgrade performance. Call Dobeck Performance & see what kind of deal they'd recommend. Tokk me approx. 1.5 hours to install, but I'm pretty pick w/wiring & appearance. Also, touring bike has more to work-around (i.e. larger tank, fairing, etc.). If you can install those pipes - the TFI is a breeze - do it! Cheers!

Just bought my sportster about a month ago as well. I went a little over the top with my pipes :D . I got the Rinehart cross backs. Since mine's an 07 I have EFI instead of a carb like yours, so I had to get a download along with the stage 1 A/C, no need for the full race tune tho. All in all, I am a VERY happy camper with this setup. Good noise, little boost in HP, and minimal (though it still happens occasionally) decel pop.

Back