free website stats program upgrade ? | Harley Davidson Forums

upgrade ?

ironmule

question 07 flhp roadking 2100 miles added K&N af stock airbox,rineharts slipons. what are your thoughts on a tuner.Dont want to spend big$$$$.at
the dealer.Vance&hines fuel pak good move.....?thanks .

More fuel wont hurt a thing and will run cooler many good choices out there, check the self help section:s

question 07 flhp roadking 2100 miles added K&N af stock airbox,rineharts slipons. what are your thoughts on a tuner.Dont want to spend big$$$$.at
the dealer.Vance&hines fuel pak good move.....?thanks .

I have no complaints with my V&H fuel-pak on my 07 Ultra.

+1 for the Fuelpak. Put it on my /09 Ultra. Nothing could be simpler and the bike is very happy.

thanks guys ! ride safe.

I would like to weigh-in here on the TFI...

I installed the FI-1252ST on my 09 FLHR FULL stage one.
V&H slip-ons, SE air and TFI

a few weeks back I installed SE255 cams.. Thought it seemed to be running a little Rich after I did that install.. SO I popped out my little box from the side cover and after my ride and Fully warmed IT Needed to be turned Down on the Green Pot... Just a little.

I thought it would of needed More Fuel after the cam install... But the 1/4 turn Down did the trick and smoothed out the idle and it Improved in mileage a bit, from 40/ to 42 Often Now...

Mind you, I had the bike running Good Before the cam change so I can only say that it DID need to be turned down After...

I like the EASY way I CAN tune the TFI... for the changes I did to the bike.... SIMPLE!

Good discount for members of HDT.com and Better if you qualify.... Check the discount button at Dobecks Performance and see Before you Buy.

signed....BUBBIE

Hey Bubbie, I'm curious to hear, on a scale of 1 to 10, how everything you did affected your performance. From stock to Stage I? Adding the cams next?

Here's the reason I ask:

Honestly, I'm a Bit Disappointed With Stage I - Harley Davidson Community

Well DR..... I installed the SE255's BUT I didn't notice a Big amount of Torque that I thought I would get AT Lower RPM...

Normal shift down when passing is Still Needed... but When down to 4 gear at 50 and 5 at 60 , Twist the throttle and YOU FLY!!!!

I am ""NOT"" disappointed BUT wondered IF I would of used the 4* to lower (early or late?) the cam function IF I could of made the "Torque Curve" Come On a bit earlier????
Some one with Knowledge of the 4* gear needed here please...

It Doesn't bother me enough to tear back into the cam-chest to TRY....

I thought (wished) the cams would of "come on" a bit earlier to Help the torque at the Lowest End but they (I) still need to shift bike down to the lower gear...... BUT you better Hold On! (No tack but about 2200 and up)

I used the SE HD slender tapered, fully adjustable push-rods and I am VERY happy with them.. Big improvement over the Old Day Clubs SE offered back in 2000 or so.

I would read-up and do a little MORE study of cams IF you want the torque earlier than I got it.... But would I change anything Now?..... NO!

When I shift down a gear or two,, I feel the wife grab for the leather and hang on... Gotta LOVE that power! Scale is a "8"

signed....BUBBIE

Bubbie here is the article that was sent to me quite some time ago and spurred me into going with the 4* advance wheel.The difference is amazing.I have enough bottom end grunt that I can pull the front wheel in first and second:D

Elements of Power: Torque - and how to get some

Thanks DR. and STEVE07 for the links... Getting a lot out of reading.

STEVE07.....

I didn't know what the duration on intake is compared to Your SE254's and My SE255's that I used..
Is the 4* gear change simple, Meaning it is the big drive gear you replace or do you need to replace the Cam gears?!

I am Not disappointed with the modification I have done with the cams but MORE thought on My part and checking the open and closing intake should have been done... (my bad) Do you have Your 254's specks?

Is the 4* gear is JUST the big sprocket or the engine sprocket, if not the cams,that will be easy enough to change out.

Thanks for the input... I do like the idea of the LOWER rpm for the torque...

I'm used to wanting and using the higher durations cams for the lighter bikes I have owned but the bagger ?? needs the LOW stuff! for LOW RPM.

signed....BUBBIE

Back