free website stats program Upgrade from MM to Delphi | Harley Davidson Forums

Upgrade from MM to Delphi

Lugnuts

I have a 2001 Road King Police. It has the MM fuel injection module.I want to upgrade to a Delphi unit. I have already acquired a 2002 Delphi module with all sensors on it. Looking at it, there seems to be only one fuel line going to it.My question is, what all do I have to change to upgrade to the Delphi unit? I'm thinking as far as fuel tank,fittings,lines and possibly fuel pump. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome to the forum lugnuts. Zippers/Thundermax makes a MM to Delphi conversion kit. $1,500, still interested? I just did a quick search and saw that article. Google Magnetti Marelli to Delphi F.I. conversion, you should find something helpful.

Hey, Thanks man. I guess, I've got some more readin' to do. I never once, thought of googling it.DUHH! Thanks again.

Also RB racing makes a full replacement including everything you would need for about $2500. That includes a different fuel pump and ability to tune as you want when you want?

I've been reading Zippers Tech on this subject. They have the most info,that I've seen so far.My main concerns was the fuel pump, tank fittings,hoses and little things. Just bought a high pressure- tank to injector-hose for my MM unit. Talk about getting hosed,my billfold is pretty much empty now, thanks to my friendly dealer. I want to get a Thunder Max and delphi is the only unit, that works right with it. Thanks, I will check out RB Racing.

The RB racing unit is the one that I want when I get rid of my carb? Just choking a bit on the price but it is a complete bolt on system and you have comlete control over how the system gives you fuel and when. I'm just not sure when to quit pouring money into this old cop bike. HAHAHAHA :D

Convert to carb and, no, you want have to have a set of points. CV40s are inexpensive and the ignition unit is not but still a cheaper conversion than MM to Delphi.

You can purchase a SE module and the coil for about $175.00 on the internet. Why are you replacing the coil? If you go to after market like Dayton TwinTec, you can eliminate the cam position sensor.

I haven't done the conversion but plenty of guys have converted. I haven't made the conversion but I doubt it is nearly as complicated as converting from MM to Delphi and I know a lot cheaper.

Of course, if you could find a tuner that was competent with the MM EFI, you wouldn't need to convert to anything.:bigsmiley25:

Back